Lunch Box Recto

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Grandor, ned, Guitarzan, Platypus

ariissexy
Bottle Rocket

Re: Lunch Box Recto

Post by ariissexy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 am

i want to get this so i don't blast my families ears with my roadster+4x12, but at the same time it's my neighbors punishment for being jerks...what to do

Neptical
Single Recto

Post by Neptical » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am

Demos sound pretty promising!

Mark III Cream -Red Stripe DRG
Mark III Cream -Purple Stripe DRG
Orange PPC412HP8
PRS Standard 24 Cream
PRS Standard 24 Red
Marshall JCM800 1960A 412

YellowJacket
Dual Recto

Post by YellowJacket » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

Yes, very promising. I'll have to test one but this seems like a better option for me than my Dual Rectifier. I have a high power 'loud' gigging amp already. It would be great to have a 2 channel 10 / 25 watt head available for the small stuff. This way I would have all the tools I need.

siggy14
Single Recto

Post by siggy14 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am

I am so glad they kept the pushed.

Don
Single Recto

Post by Don » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 am

ariissexy wrote:i want to get this so i don't blast my families ears with my roadster+4x12, but at the same time it's my neighbors punishment for being jerks...what to do

It'll still be loud!

roadster-T4D
Mark I

Post by roadster-T4D » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

i am so torn on whether to lean towards a ta-15 or a mini recto .. i loved my roadster for tonal flexibility .. but was too impractical (loud and heavy) so i had to sell it .. these lunchbox amps seem to really fit the bill for smaller and great tone without the crushing volume needed to get there

i'd love to be able to ditch my pedals ... i like a smooth, sustainy, gainy but not buzzy neck humbucker lead tone in the santana-esque family ... but i like my cleans clean with variety from dark and warm to bright and crisp ... and lotsa variety in my gritty/dirty/crunchy/touch sensitive rhythm

i could see a ta-15 givein me most of that but would probably have to keep my zen drive for lead tone

i am having a hard time imagining a 2 ch recto getting me the mid gain stuff i need - i think the cleans would be there and i know the lead tone would be there ... so that would mean keeping pedals for various shades of dirty rhythm

YellowJacket
Dual Recto

Post by YellowJacket » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 pm

roadster-T4D wrote:i am so torn on whether to lean towards a ta-15 or a mini recto .. i loved my roadster for tonal flexibility .. but was too impractical (loud and heavy) so i had to sell it .. these lunchbox amps seem to really fit the bill for smaller and great tone without the crushing volume needed to get there

i'd love to be able to ditch my pedals ... i like a smooth, sustainy, gainy but not buzzy neck humbucker lead tone in the santana-esque family ... but i like my cleans clean with variety from dark and warm to bright and crisp ... and lotsa variety in my gritty/dirty/crunchy/touch sensitive rhythm

i could see a ta-15 givein me most of that but would probably have to keep my zen drive for lead tone

i am having a hard time imagining a 2 ch recto getting me the mid gain stuff i need - i think the cleans would be there and i know the lead tone would be there ... so that would mean keeping pedals for various shades of dirty rhythm
You honestly sound like you would love an Electra Dyne but there is always that volume problem. The Roadster was childs play in terms of volume...

geez, TA-15 VS Mini Recto!!??? Why not one of each with an A/B/Y switch!? You could run a pair of cute little 1 x 12s!!!

zodiac272
Donating Member

Post by zodiac272 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:06 am

This thing looks great! want!!! next I want to see a mini mark V.

scott
Mark IIC+ KDG "Road Head"
Mark IIC+ HRG
Mesa 2:90
Digitech GSP2101
ESP JH-2 Explorer
LTD Explorer
Ibanez S-540
Boogie 1x12 Thiele, 1x12 Compact Cab
Boogie 4x12 Cream Halfback

Retu
Donating Member

Post by Retu » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:10 am

zodiac272 wrote:This thing looks great! want!!! next I want to see a mini mark V.

scott
I'd buy that instantly, with built in attenuator....Hmmm, attenuator, drool...

ifailedshapes
Single Recto

Post by ifailedshapes » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 am

Yeah, a Mini Mark would definitely have my attention. Marks are more up my alley than Rectos, but I'm SERIOUSLY considering splurging on the Mini Recto. I can't wait to see the Haggerty's Music video review for this one!
Guitars --> Pedals --> Amps

Past/Present Boogies
Express 5:50+ 1x12"
Stiletto Ace 1x12"
Electra Dyne Head
Lone Star Special 1x12"
Stiletto Ace Head
Express 5:25 1x10"
Mark IVb Widebody 1x12"

Neptical
Single Recto

Post by Neptical » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:08 am

Damn...a mini....mark...good...god...

what..I... would....do... Image
Mark III Cream -Red Stripe DRG
Mark III Cream -Purple Stripe DRG
Orange PPC412HP8
PRS Standard 24 Cream
PRS Standard 24 Red
Marshall JCM800 1960A 412

Rkorn
Mark III

Post by Rkorn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:15 am

Its what i've been saying for almost a year!!
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch1
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch2
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch3
3 Lunch Box amps!! 10/45 Watts... Most would buy just 1 (some months later the need for another would arise, and then the 2nd would be bought)!!

Imagine, 3 amps, wet/dry/wet.. all at knee reach!! hehehe
Stadium concerts would have 200 cabs behind the drums! :D

roadster-T4D
Mark I

Post by roadster-T4D » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 am

YellowJacket wrote:geez, TA-15 VS Mini Recto!!??? Why not one of each with an A/B/Y switch!? You could run a pair of cute little 1 x 12s!!!
LOL, i know, right?
well, my budget is not unlimited ... if i had $2k to spend on heads alone, i'd have just kept my roadster and used the money to pay a college kid to schlep it around for me :D .. and dealing with two heads and switches and cabs and cables is going in the wrong direction for convenience, weight, etc... i am really hoping for guitar-->cable-->amp

i'll play em both and see ... also still looking for a custom cab builder where i can get a lightweight vertical slant 2x12 with neo speakers built

phyrexia
Donating Member

Post by phyrexia » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:10 am

I have been bugging them for a while to make a 2xel84, 2x6v6 amp with two Markish channels.
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." Lao Tzu

Tfunk Ian
Mark II

Post by Tfunk Ian » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:30 pm

I WANT ONE!!! I've got a TA-15 that is great, but it lacks three things that the Mini-Recto has: Mid Knob, Presence Knob, and FX Loop. Still in a small, portable package. I think it would make a great addition to my collection and a great studio amp. I don't need a rip-roaringly loud amp, I've already got two of them. Provided it sounds like I hope it will in person, I'm down.

But yeah... If they made a little Mini-Mark, I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if it had the graphic EQ.
Ian
  • Mesa Mark IVa Combo
  • Mesa Mark IIB Combo, Simul, EQ, Verb
  • Mesa Mini-Recto
  • Mesa V-Twin
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
  • Mesa Traditional Rectifier 4x12 Straight Cab
  • Mesa Mini-Recto 1x12 Slant Cab