Post your Mesa-based rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonRedSox

Reaction score

2011 Mesa Royal Atlantic combo, custom w/ Vintage 30 and C-90

Rivera Silent Sister Iso Cab w/ Celestion G12-T75

2008 Fender American Stratocaster Deluxe HSS + 2010 Gibson SG Standard

Classy new RA-100 BostonRedSox!

Here's a recent shot of my Mesa rig.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

really nice! all of them!...The Budda Superdrive 45.Is it a head?.Can you tell us how you like it. My son is researching it very hard for his next amp!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I would share pics and details of my Mesa Rig so here you go.

Currently I'm using a Fender Strat Plus in crimson red with Gold Lace Sensor pickups, and a Musicman Axis Supersport in pacific blueburst with the stock Dimarzio pickups.

I have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic V1 2x12 combo, all stock no mods done to the amp, running mesa pre and power valves throughout. Into the loop of the amp I'm running a TC Electronic Nova System, and in the front end I've got an Ernie Ball Wah and Xotic BB Preamp. I love this setup, I can get all sounds I need from it. The clean channel on the amp goes without saying, its perfect in everyway, crystal clean and a very 3D sounding especially with the 2x12 speakers.

Channel 2 has more than enough gain for me and sounds superb, I've got it dialed in just right. I don't really understand why people have problems with this channel. I use a Line 6 relay G50 system and during soundchecks I get out to where the audience would be, and the amp sounds killer on the gain channel. Standing next to the amp whilst playing on stage the amp does sound muddy but what amp doesn't, it's what the audience hears that counts. Anyway here are the pics, enjoy!!

MyStageGearcropped.jpg

Pedalboardcropped.jpg

jeffp said:
really nice! all of them!...The Budda Superdrive 45.Is it a head?.Can you tell us how you like it. My son is researching it very hard for his next amp!

Hey jeffp!

I love my Budda. It's the head version and it's big, bold and very loud. It's a very unforgiving amp but that never bothers me. Your son should give one a test drive if he can.

IMG_1027.jpg

Hell, come over with a twelve pack and you can jam on mine all you want :lol:

BostonRedSox said:

This amp intrigues me.

Due to my taste (brit sounding), probably the only one in the current Mesa lineup that has a shot at making me part with my Electra Dyne.

How is it as far a popping and clicking. My Roadking was a popping and clicking nightmare.

My Mark IV not as bad.

Electradyne only pops wehn going into standby

primal said:
BostonRedSox said:

This amp intrigues me.

Due to my taste (brit sounding), probably the only one in the current Mesa lineup that has a shot at making me part with my Electra Dyne.

How is it as far a popping and clicking. My Roadking was a popping and clicking nightmare.

My Mark IV not as bad.

Electradyne only pops wehn going into standby

There is ZERO pops and clicks. I forgot all about that! I used to have the Roadster and played it for over two years. I seriously loved that amp, but like you, can't deny how I jive with British-voiced amplifiers. I almost bought a Mark V, but it was still too dark for my tastes, while the Stiletto was a touch too bright. The RA-100 is seriously voiced just right for what I like to do. And it still retains great tight low end that doesn't muck up the crunch when pushed. I really, really like my RA-100, but I sort of knew I would. I had a tremendous short list of amps I tried and they were all amps consisting of British circuits.

There are no pops or anything inside the RA-100. Now I'm surprised the ED had that problem actually. Maybe it had something to do with the usage of so many stacked tone pots Mesa employed in order to give users three modes in a one-channel amp. I'll play my RA-100 again just to be sure. More on that soon ...

I remember the Roadster would only have the popping noise at lower volumes and if the user didn't click through the channels. Clicking through the channels in standby is supposed to help alleviate any static buildup within the footswitch for that amp. I also remember that noise only being present at low volumes only. It never happened at higher volumes.

BostonRedSox said:
There are no pops or anything inside the RA-100. Now I'm surprised the ED had that problem actually. Maybe it had something to do with the usage of so many stacked tone pots Mesa employed in order to give users three modes in a one-channel amp. I'll play my RA-100 again just to be sure. More on that soon ...

The pop with my Electra Dyne only happens going into standby. Switching the different modes there is no noise.

Mine is the only one I know of that does it.

I had taken it to a tech, he swapped out the standby switch and it went away. But over a while it eventually came back.

Not the best picture, but it shows what here. Mesa recto cab, rectifier preamp and a 50 caliber + (at the tech :( )
The 50 caliber has some mods on it, so it works better with the recto preamp. I have a negative feedback foot switch jack on it, so it is triggered by the recto pre. I was just trying out my new Rocktron intellifex with the peavey.
5fa6d94e.jpg

3368248d.jpg

Roadifier said:
Not the best picture, but it shows what here. Mesa recto cab, rectifier preamp and a 50 caliber + (at the tech :( )
The 50 caliber has some mods on it, so it works better with the recto preamp. I have a negative feedback foot switch jack on it, so it is triggered by the recto pre. I was just trying out my new Rocktron intellifex with the peavey.
5fa6d94e.jpg

3368248d.jpg

No pops or any wacky weirdness when switching channels with the RA-100 by the way.

Nice rig Roadifier. I like A LOT!

Thanks bostonRedsox, when I get my 50 cal back, I will post up my finished rack in better light so it can be seen well.

Latest posts

Back