What pro's use Dual Rectifier's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioMonk

Reaction score
Hello all. The first name I'll add to this list is Buckethead. Tried and true Dual Rec user.
Please think of names of players who actually tour and record with these amps, not just that they own one.

Off the top of my head....

James Hetfield - Metallica
Kirk Hammett - Metallica
Daron Malakian - System of a Down
Adam Jones - Tool
Dave Grohl - Foo Fighters
Head - Korn
Munki - Korn
Tom Delonge - Blink 182

There's a lot of bands that have used them over the years that don't neccissarily use them any more, but did use them at one point or another. Plus there was the whole Nu-Metal Disturbed, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit thing, and the Bro Rock Nickelback/Creed/Alter Bridge thing. I wouldn't be surprised if that Nickelback cover band (Theory of a Deadman) also used Rectos.

311, Soundgarden (Superunknown-era), Faith No More (circa KTFAD), Incubus (used a Tremoverb), Seether, Shinedown, Allan Holdsworth (around '96), Killswitch Engage, and Stabbing Westward. Lots of metal bands too...Meshuggah, Testament, Mastodon, Gorguts, and Devin Townsend/SYL, to name a few.

I listen to all kinds of music, and for the longest time everybody was using a mesa dual/triple or some sort of rectifier. From punk, to rock to metal to country, so many pro's have used these amps.

No Use For A Name
Pulley
Strung Out
Four Year Strong
Greg Hetson of Bad Religion
Jeff Loomis
Thrice
Claudio Sanchez of Coheed & Cambria
George Lynch
Killswitch Engage
Richard Kruspe of Rammstein
Mr. Precision from 88 Fingers Louie

I am sure I will remember more haha

siggy14 said:
I listen to all kinds of music, and for the longest time everybody was using a mesa dual/triple or some sort of rectifier. From punk, to rock to metal to country, so many pro's have used these amps.

Yep. Pretty much any artist you can think of has used a Dual/Triple Recto in some point of their career.

snave said:
311, Soundgarden (Superunknown-era), Faith No More (circa KTFAD), Incubus (used a Tremoverb), Seether, Shinedown, Allan Holdsworth (around '96), Killswitch Engage, and Stabbing Westward. Lots of metal bands too...Meshuggah, Testament, Mastodon, Gorguts, and Devin Townsend/SYL, to name a few.

Stabbing Westward .... Blast from the past!

mikey383 said:
Pretty much any artist you can think of has used a Dual/Triple Recto in some point of their career.

Not saying that is untrue but it could be something of an exaggeration. In fact, most guitarists I can think of never used a Recto as far as I know. Well, Allan Holdsworth did (an early Rev C Dual I believe), but if Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Eddie Van Halen, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, or Angus Young did, that would be news to me...

LesPaul70 said:
mikey383 said:
Pretty much any artist you can think of has used a Dual/Triple Recto in some point of their career.

Not saying that is untrue but it could be something of an exaggeration. In fact, most guitarists I can think of never used a Recto as far as I know. Well, Allan Holdsworth did (an early Rev C Dual I believe), but if Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Eddie Van Halen, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, or Angus Young did, that would be news to me...

I'm sure mikey383 meant "current artists".

Dom

domct203 said:
I'm sure mikey383 meant "current artists"

Yeah, guess so. I haven't really been keeping up with bands/artists who are younger than I am. :lol:

But the guys on my list aren't exactly dead either. Angus Young and Eddie Van Halen are definitely alive and gigging. So is Ritchie Blackmore (but rarely touches an electric guitar anymore). And so was Tony Iommi (until RJD passed away).

Why exactly would it matter how many pro's use this amp? Only you can decide if it is right for your needs. I took a test drive(Triple Rectifier) for a few years in the mid-1990's. I came to the conclusion that I like the Mark series Boogies better. That was my opinion, and yours might be the complete opposite. Bottom line is that you don't let other (pro's) people's preferences decide what gear you purchase. There seems to be a rash of that going around, for some crazy reason. :roll: MESA amps are among the most reliable that you can purchase, so if that is a concern, you need not worry. :D

JOEY B. said:
droptrd said:
its just a simple question
Depending on what and why you want the answer. :twisted:
Huh? I think youre reading into it too much. Simple question. something to talk about. No need to get offended :roll:

Latest posts

Back