Just curious.. why no nomad sub forum?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the red headed stepchild. I don't care. I've had mine for about nine years now and it's been a good amp although I've made a few changes to suit my tastes. There's alot of info in past postings. Enjoy.

There should be one! While I no longer own a Mesa, I have owned an '86 Mark III, a Nomad 55 2X12, and have "test played just about every Mesa around. Conclusion? Mesa just isn't the amp for me, although other players do just great on them. But the absolutely best Mesa I've played is the Nomad. I probably would still have it, except it weighted about 80lbs. and I'm getting a bit old. Instead of selling it, I would have had it tweaked about a bit except for this factor.

I still gig with my Nomad 100 1-12 combo. Great amp that's never had a problem.

There should be a Nomad sub forum. :evil:

Yeah, the guy who bought my Nomad Combo from me specializes in southern rock (which I don't play). I insisted he play it before he bought it to make sure it worked for him. What I heard was the best southern rock tones I have heard anywhere. Nomads are exactly what some players need and want. I never had any malfunctions. My only problems were weight and the fact that the Nomad just didn't get exactly the tone I am looking for in the type of music I play. Nomads clearly deserve more recognition, including a sub-forum here. They might not be the best for every style of playing, but neither is any Mesa (or any other) amp. But they are the best for SOME styles of playing. I tried a new Mesa (forget the model) a few months back, and I couldn't get anything I could even play out of it. While the Nomad wasn't the perfect fit for me, I did gig with it and it sounded pretty good -- even though it was not perfectly suited to my style.

There are many other great amps here without a sub forum. I don't think Nomad owners should take it personally.

Maverick!!!!
Blue Angel
Heartbreaker
Caliber Series
Subway / Rocket

Back