VoodooMan?

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Grandor, ned, Guitarzan, Platypus

Iceman63
Mark II

VoodooMan?

Post by Iceman63 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:20 am

Hey all,
I did a search on this, but did'nt come up with much.
I saw on ebay two footswitches available for the F series amps; a VoodooMan and a Switchdoctor. Looks like I'm not the only one that's having problems with my F50 footswitch...evidently, the aftermarket has caught on.
Anyone have any experience with either of these? $70 is not cheap. But I've tried cleaning the pins on my cable; swapping ends, cleaning the switch itself. It's still flaky...just a bad switch I think.
Garth

YellowJacket
Dual Recto

Re: VoodooMan?

Post by YellowJacket » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 am

Oh, there was a thread awhile back about how much of a flake this guys is. If you are planning to give him money, think again. You might as well go and give it to homeless people because they definitely need it more!

rvschulz
Mark III

Post by rvschulz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 pm

as mentioned above, and in a very long thread in the Vintage amp section of the forum - everyone advises against dealing with this guy directly. if the switch is being sold by a third-party, you might want to contact them to determine if the switch exists or is a front for the seller.

that being said - no one has complained about the product QUALITY. i have considered getting one for my Mark III for years - but for convenience, not because my switch is bad (MK 3 has 3 separate switches). try calling Mesa directly and getting another switch, or sending it to them for repair.
lp dlx '74
lp std faded
lp dlx 75 sunburst
lp DA reissue 59
J-45
Mark III (prpl, EQ, 1x12, simul)
1x12 extension cab
Solo 50 recto
4x12 Blackstar Artisan

droptrd
Single Recto

Post by droptrd » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Voodooman = criminal

Stay away!
Mark III
F50
Mesa and Randall Cabs
Lots of other sh!t too

Iceman63
Mark II

Post by Iceman63 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks guys. I'll try contacting Mesa.
Garth

droptrd
Single Recto

Post by droptrd » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Ive heard good things about switch doctor
Mark III
F50
Mesa and Randall Cabs
Lots of other sh!t too

MrMarkIII
Dual Recto

Post by MrMarkIII » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Try Payne Labs. He often has an ad at the top of this very page you are reading.

cddesign
Bottle Rocket

Post by cddesign » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm

DO NOT ORDER FROM VOODOOman. I wish i saw these posts before i ordered a tremoverb pedal Jan 4.

This guy sucks. At least i have a refund policy with my amex and am not paying for something i never recieved. By the way, i sent endless emails to EVERY address he has and tried calling the number on his site, which now appears to be disconnected.

Doesn't this count as mail fraud since he is "using" USPS and not shipping anything when people order? Any lawyers want to jump in....

Blaklynx
Mark III

Post by Blaklynx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 pm

I was going to order from this guy a couple of years ago. Lucky I research first. I own a JSX (as well as Rectoverb) and on the Peavey site, someone ordered from VOODOOMAN. I cautioned that he may not receive his goods, thanks to reading posts here. Lo and behold, that's what happened. As I said, I gave a caution and didn't outright just say "Don't, he's a shifty bugger". Now, I think I'll just tell people not to buy at all.

As a service to the community, this should be a sticky on all music sites. Ebay should ban him. He should be charged for fraud. Charged with something, anyway. Too many complaints and it all seems to go unnoticed.

DO NOT BUY FROM VOODOOMAN.
Gotta love tubes!

If you're interested in the chicken head knob replacement on my Roadster amp, go here:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p476098

Vogelsong
Mark III

Post by Vogelsong » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:20 pm

He's got a disclaimer on his website. He only builds 5 or so pedals a month and has a backorder list a mile long.
Vogelsong

G&L Comanche,
G&L Legacy,
RI 64 Vibroverb Custom
Original 66 Fender Reverb,
Original 59 Fender Bandmaster,
69 Fender Coronada II,
51 Gibson ES300,
Beater Strat,
Waldon Acoustic,

Blaklynx
Mark III

Post by Blaklynx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 am

Vogelsong wrote:He's got a disclaimer on his website. He only builds 5 or so pedals a month and has a backorder list a mile long.
Disclaimer or no disclaimer.... That to me is to cover his backside for his shiftiness. Only five a month? One and bit pedals per week? That's a laugh.

He should be able to build min 3 per day since he knows the products inside out and has skill to build. Is not unrealistic. From what I remember VOODDOMAN said that he was getting more staff on to help or something along those lines. And if he has a fulltime job apart from this, then he should be able to manage one pedal every 2~2.5 days.

And what is the excuse for not contacting customers in a timely manner? Busy building pedals? Very poor business operation.

Don't trust him.
Gotta love tubes!

If you're interested in the chicken head knob replacement on my Roadster amp, go here:

Vogelsong
Mark III

Post by Vogelsong » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Blaklynx wrote:
Vogelsong wrote:He's got a disclaimer on his website. He only builds 5 or so pedals a month and has a backorder list a mile long.
Disclaimer or no disclaimer.... That to me is to cover his backside for his shiftiness. Only five a month? One and bit pedals per week? That's a laugh.

He should be able to build min 3 per day since he knows the products inside out and has skill to build. Is not unrealistic. From what I remember VOODDOMAN said that he was getting more staff on to help or something along those lines. And if he has a fulltime job apart from this, then he should be able to manage one pedal every 2~2.5 days.

And what is the excuse for not contacting customers in a timely manner? Busy building pedals? Very poor business operation.

Don't trust him.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't making excuses for him. In fact as soon as I saw the disclaimer covering his backside was my first thought also.

I remember a few years ago I almost ordered a pedal from him. Glad I didn't.
Vogelsong

G&L Comanche,
G&L Legacy,
RI 64 Vibroverb Custom
69 Fender Coronada II,
51 Gibson ES300,
Beater Strat,
Waldon Acoustic,

Blaklynx
Mark III

Post by Blaklynx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Vogelsong wrote:
Blaklynx wrote:

Don't trust him.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't making excuses for him. In fact as soon as I saw the disclaimer covering his backside was my first thought also.

I remember a few years ago I almost ordered a pedal from him. Glad I didn't.
I wasn't having a dig at you. Glad that you pointed it out, actually. Good minds think alike :wink:
Gotta love tubes!

Vogelsong
Mark III

Post by Vogelsong » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:48 am

It's all good Lynx.

Ya big jerk. :D
Vogelsong

G&L Comanche,
G&L Legacy,
RI 64 Vibroverb Custom
69 Fender Coronada II,
51 Gibson ES300,
Beater Strat,
Waldon Acoustic,

vitor gracie
Mark III

Post by vitor gracie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:17 am

cddesign wrote:DO NOT ORDER FROM VOODOOman. I wish i saw these posts before i ordered a tremoverb pedal Jan 4.

This guy sucks. At least i have a refund policy with my amex and am not paying for something i never recieved. By the way, i sent endless emails to EVERY address he has and tried calling the number on his site, which now appears to be disconnected.

Doesn't this count as mail fraud since he is "using" USPS and not shipping anything when people order? Any lawyers want to jump in....
Out of curiosity, did you ever get your TOV pedal? I have one (Voodooman) and don't need it. It came with one of my TOVs. Want it? :)
Stiletto Ace head
TA-30 head
PRS Archon 100 head
Port City 2X12 and an OS 2X12
EBMM JPXI BFR 7-string
USA 2008 PRS McCarty Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, Korina body loaded with BKP Juggernauts