Finally got to use my Heartbreaker with a Band!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I finally got settled in enough out here to start jamming.
An old friend of mine out here is a really good bass player.
I found this incredible drummer on Craigslist.

I haven't had the time to crank the HB since I swapped the transformers for Mercury Magnetics.

All I can say is "Holy fucking **** Batman!"
I wasn't able to take it above 3 on the Master, but I just bought a Mass 150 that I'll try next weekend.

Here's the setup:
PRS McCarty (Duncan Alnico II pups, Tone Pros Bridge)
PRS Custom 22 (DiMarzio Pups)
Clyde Deluxe Wah
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
HomeBrew Booster Pedal
Maxon Compressor (the cheap black one CP-101 I think)
MXR Chorus
TC Nova Delay

Heartbreaker
Mercury Magnetics transformer set
High Gain JCM-800 Mod
Better Cleans Mod
Better Reverb Mod
Solo Boost Mod

The only problem I had was that the Loop did not like the Nova Delay. The signal was a little too hot, so I just ran it in front of the amp and it sounded really great!

Well, good for you! Your mods do sound great. I am still loving my HB. The only problem is I have a Mark IV that is just tooo perfect for the band. So, I come home and play the HB.....
Glad you got settled up north and are having fun.
Brent

Well, that sounds better than having a dick neighbor to rain on your parade. The Heartbreaker is such and interesting amp, I have to admit I wonder how your mods would improve it... but I wouldn't be able to decide which one to get!
Anyways, glad you were able to rock it.

I think I'm gonna stop doing the SLO mod because it just takes a little too much away from the organic feel of the amp for me.

So, that narrows it down to JCM or High Gain JCM! :lol: At least until I come up with the JMP mod! :lol:

I'm really hoping to get some mod kits together early next year. I meant to do it this year, but things have been crazy to say the least.

Well...as life would have it....This is the 2nd week in a row that the bass player has canceled practice.
I wanna turn this mother up!

I bought a Weber Mass 150. Wanted to try it with the HB this afternoon.

Any good bass players on Maui?????

Well, I still have yet to use my new Road King with a band, so I'm eager... :roll:

Latest posts

Back