2x12 Recto Cab Too Close to the Ground?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I like the idea of the 2x12 Recto cab, but it seems too low to hear and comfortably adjust the amp.

Am I crazy or just used to my 4x12?

No, you're not crazy. This cab needs to go on a stand/beer crate/road case or something. Not only can you not reach the amp controls, you'll never hear it properly down there and you'll think your sound is really muddy when it's probably just fine or too bright out in the room. I never even put a combo on the floor usually. 4x12"s are fine because the top two speakers are about at the right height anyway, especially if they're angled.

theroan said:
I think they're designed to be stacked or something, because as is, it's retardedly low. Go for the Vert 2x12, it's awesome.

I agree. My horizontal cab sounded great, but the vert's are easier for the player to hear and still project just fine.

But in general, a 4x12 would be nice 8)

This is still a concern of mine; I got my Mark V yesterday and the 2x12... I still have a couple days to decide if I'm gonna keep the cab or return it for the vertical 2x12. Only problem is, it's gonna take nearly two months for my dealer to get the cab.

I'm thinking that by not having a loud speaker aimed directly at my face, I'm doing myself good in the long run by saving my ears... But I still am concerned that the tone I'm hearing is not gonna be the tone everyone else hears. For the most part, are you (whoever owns this) very satisfied with the cab?

I'm glad you posted this, since I was thinking of getting a 2x12 myself; will be interested in seeing the replies.

The easiest solution is to turn the cab on its side. I have been using it this way for quite a while and it sounds much better.

UglyBunny said:
This is still a concern of mine; I got my Mark V yesterday and the 2x12... I still have a couple days to decide if I'm gonna keep the cab or return it for the vertical 2x12. Only problem is, it's gonna take nearly two months for my dealer to get the cab.

I'm thinking that by not having a loud speaker aimed directly at my face, I'm doing myself good in the long run by saving my ears... But I still am concerned that the tone I'm hearing is not gonna be the tone everyone else hears. For the most part, are you (whoever owns this) very satisfied with the cab?

Only remove the rear casters and leave the fronts on. It tilts it back like an old Fender amp and puts the speakers on an angle similar to the top speakers on the 4x12.

Latest posts

Back