New knobs on my RKII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingtiger

Reaction score
I can take it 8) . It is a bit crowded, but now I CAN see the settings! It's taken a while, but it has grown on me. just curious what everyone thinks...
Tony
RKs.jpg

That is pretty loud... not sure if I like it. It is practical though :shock:

I wish they were a little smaller, but I still think it's pretty cool. I share your pain on getting up close and squinting to see the settings on those awesome looking stock Mesa knobs!

I dig it, but thats because I think red tolex has the best tone 8) Do the knobs get in the way of each other of they are horizontal?

I use a slant Recto cab. The knobs JUST clear ach other, after cleaning up the burr on the set screw hole. I didn't like it at first, but its grown on me. I could have gone black, but I thought the red tied in with the red panel. I've actually come to like it.

Tony

I did something similar with my Roadster.

DSCN0024.jpg

I've got a few dozen of these knobs still for sale if anyone wants some.

Link:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33427

Guess I'm the only one that prefers the original chrome dome knobs...

However, an Electradyne with those chickenhead knobs might be interesting...

I am really sorry, but both those knob configs are hideous!!!!

If anything I would put black-chrome knobs on mine. Same as stock, just black.

Unfortunately I don't think that the chickenheads on mine will be to know my settings. Treble and gain dimed. Sometimes contour too with a bit o' verb. But they're still gonna look sweet. http://www.tubedepot.com has chickenheads for like $1.25 apiece.

What's wrong with his amp? It's sorta like mine. I might've gone black with the knobs.
I painted the hollowed out dots RED on mine. Didn't help much, but it's a little better.
RKII.jpg

Tony, you ain't the only one with OLD peepers. I got my amp in British Garnet, so that I can find it. :mrgreen:
But on the bright side, Kids can't afford all the toys I have.

Latest posts

Back