LSS Slave Out into PA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valascia

Reaction score
I know the slave out is to drive another power amp but what about a PA? The amp itself is loud enough for most of the places we'll be playing but I also wanted to option of taking it to the pa for better volume control and mixing. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Aside for cranking the level too much.

valascia said:
I know the slave out is to drive another power amp but what about a PA? The amp itself is loud enough for most of the places we'll be playing but I also wanted to option of taking it to the pa for better volume control and mixing. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Aside for cranking the level too much.

The only problem I can forsee is matching the Slave level control AND the level control on the board all the while taking your amps live stage volume into consideration. All 3 will need to be mixed properly.

R_ADKINS80 said:
valascia said:

The only problem I can forsee is matching the Slave level control AND the level control on the board all the while taking your amps live stage volume into consideration. All 3 will need to be mixed properly.

That, and the fact that without speaker simulation, it probably won't sound that good/as you expect it to sound. I honestly think that micing the thing is a far better, easier and less time consuming option. You just jam a 57 or a 609/906 infront of it and the soundman takes care of the rest. :D

If you have a speaker simulator though, this might be a good solution, but trust me, it won't sound that good without. It's not that different to running the preamp itself into the PA, just with the added coloration of the power section, but without the amp's speaker it will sound rough and "fizzy", not pleasant at all.

Latest posts

Back