Electra Dyne Reverb ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papajuice

Reaction score
First post here and i know the Amps are new, I got mine home yesterday and just love it except, the reverb sound thin. I got a new one in the box and compared to the one at the store it is thin sounding not really warm. Both are going thru 4x12 cabinets with V30's so that is the same. It works correctly just thinned out, what I was wondering has anyone ever changed out the reverb tube in say a Stiletto or some thing to darken the reverb.

Stilettos don't have reverb, so the answer there would be no. :) New reverb tanks don't sound as good as old ones. They have a break in period and will sound better and better as they loosen up. I'm guessing the reverb on the ED is tube driven so you can try an AT7 in the reverb slot and see if you like it better then?

Your different experiences with the Electra Dyne amp in the store vs. the one out of the box at your home could well be caused by better acoustics at the store than in your home. Especially for a 4X12 speaker cab. But since you just bought the amp new, I would suggest taking the head back to the store and doing an "A/B" sound test of it against the floor model. If you find that there is a difference between reverbs in the same room and acoustics, you do have your warranty.

Mine sounded great in the store(tried it for a while there), at home and at the practice space. I don't use much, just a little in the clean and HI modes. Nothing thin. I'd take it back. Warranty is a good thing. V6 is the reverb tube, 12AX7.

Analog Kid said:
Mine sounds wrong until I turn the master up into loud territory.

What he said.

Turn it up (the volume, not the reverb). For some reason at "bedroom" volume the reverb on the ED sounds very thin.

At decent volume, it sounds great.

Back