Standard Recto 2x12 vs Roadster 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phazer

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a Roadster head and I must buy a new cab by the end of the month.
Since I'm going for some serious touring this year I need something that won't break my back, so I'll get either a standard recto 2x12 or a roadster 2x12 to match the head.
Since I would have to order the roadster cab, I can't try it out first.
Anybody here that could tell me the differences in sound between these 2 cabs?

The recto is going to have a very tight bass response. The closed back on it and the tightness of the speakers to one another give it a bottom end like no other. If you don't want that though you can scope the bass out and have it when you need it. The recto 2x12 is a beast.

recto 2x12 has an overall bigger sound, because its a bigger cab. The roadster 2x12 is much smaller and is extremely tight (def. tighter than the recto). Its bass response isnt as big as the recto cab but the roadster holds its own. Whats cool about the roadster 2x12 , is that although its a smaller package and tigher, it has an open sound to it which is awesome for the cleans. It was designed to be able to compliment all 4 of the roadsters channels, handling the lone star cleans and the traditional recto high gain.

if your looking into the roadster 2x12 i'm selling mine to fund a mills acoustics cab... i love the mix of my two 2x12s but i'd like to go back to a 4x12. so if your interested let me know.

I would also include the Roadking 2x12 to try out as well, I bet it would sound killer with a Roadster.

The Roadking 2x12 has a divider board in the middle separating the interior into two tone chambers. The closed back side has a V30 and the other side has a porthole cut out in the back with a C90 speaker.

They are brighter than a Recto 2x12.

Melodyman said:
I would also include the Roadking 2x12 to try out as well, I bet it would sound killer with a Roadster.

The Roadking 2x12 has a divider board in the middle separating the interior into two tone chambers. The closed back side has a V30 and the other side has a porthole cut out in the back with a C90 speaker.

They are brighter than a Recto 2x12.

+1 on the RoadKing. I have two and they sound amazing. I've tried the recto and stiletto cabs and an avatar, but the RK is for me. I found the recto to be relatively boomy & muddy in comparison.

i have a 4x12 RK CAB
it's the best cab money can buy
my recto sound very tight with it

Latest posts

Back