As of next week I'l be a Rectoverb owner!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrykeBack

Reaction score
Alright guys, its been shipped out and looks like I'l be a member of the prestigious Mesa club :D

I know I'l probably take the day off from college classes to sit infront of it (with earplugs of course :x ) And mess aroudn with settings all day. However, do any of you guys have some good or favorite settings that I can try out? Maybe get some quick ideas just to see all of the different tones it can get.

Perhaps some of you guys can give your settings?

I'm looking for some heavy nickelback rhythms and Creamy Santana solos or liquid leads. Also sparkling (i know it might not be fendery) cleans.

I've got a big selection of pedals from my ashdown peacemaker setup that might be useless now and going for sale soon.
PC310245.jpg
[/img]

Congrats man!! This is my first month in the MESA family as well...here is a brief synopsis of my story....

I just brought back my Rect-O-Verb and got a Single Rect. w/ 2X12 Rect. Cab. I much happier w/ this set-up as now I can get real loud as well as play in my Apartment. I can also get different heads and experiment with sounds. Funds provided!!
I wrote that a couple days ago. I wanted a little more diversity and figured with the 2X12 cab ($540) Solo 50 head($1199) I would only be spending like $350 more than the ROV. I like having the head and cabinet seperate for many reasons but the main is the overall difference in sound! The ROV was very nice... and heavy(weight)! However, w/ 2 Celestions and a closed cabinet I get a much more heavy sound if need be and more volume than I'll need. I can also now think about getting other heads to play through and collect. Another advantage is going to a studio to jam requires only the head to come with me.

I know you'll dig it, but keep in mind it's not small and pretty $$. You've got a month to scrutinize it and decide!!

Anyway what you requested....

Modern
output: 9 oclock(indoors) 12-1(studio or friends garage)
master: 12 oclock
bass: 10-11 sometimes lower
mid: 11:30 ish
treb 2
pres 9-10
gain 1-2ish but sometimes i go to 3 :twisted:

The Reverb doesn't work too much in channel 2...you can read up on why on their website or the manual.

I think I see a gate in your effects...that will be needed if you plan on using modern setting at high volumes! The others will always come in handy here and there. I was told to get a MXR 10 band EQ to further shape the tone. Not a necessity, but helpful. We'll see!

Rock on!!

JA

know you'll dig it, but keep in mind it's not small and pretty $$. You've got a month to scrutinize it and decide!!

Actually I didn't get teh combo. I have the rectoverb head. Should be about the same as your head but wiht reverb. No gates on the pedal board...though I do have a parametric eq which I think will come in nicely :twisted:

Oh Def. sweet!

They didn't have the ROV head when I was in GC and didn't want to wait for them to order one in for me.

What are you gonna run it into? I've got a 2X12 and it sounds great!

I'm like the sounds without any effects or anything so much right now and don't want to mix anything in until I know and remember exactly what the amp alone sounds like!

you're in for a real treat!! As well as your dorm buddies!!

JA

Well. I am running it into an avatar 2x12 cab with the new eminence Wizard speakers that just came out. sweet speakers by the way.

And SEcond of all. I am in school but at the community college so I'm living at home. My parents hate that I'm playing guitar now instead of my synths and pianos :lol:

However, I will unfortunately have to leave all my gear at home when I go down to the musicians institute of Hollywood for my recording program next fall. I might have to come home to visit every few weeks to see my babies (guitars and mesa) :x

Latest posts

Back