Lone Star Custom Orders

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Has anyone custom ordered a Lone Star yet? How long did it take to receive the amp? was there additional cost?

Ned,
I just ordered a Lone Star on Dec. 28th. I happen to work at a Mesa Dealer and the rep told me it would be 6-8 weeks, however when I called Mesa directly, they said 8-10. I do believe there are up-charges for different coverings & grillecloths, though I couldn't give you specifics. I do have the info at work & could post it when I look it up.

LSS

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm gonna head down to GC this week and check them out. Got to play around with the 4x10 combo at NAMM and loved it. Probably gonna start with a small head and get the 4x10 cab later.

Hello,

Being that you are a (very lucky) person who works at a MB dealer, I would really appreciate it if you could find out how long it takes (and how much more it costs) to order a Road King with non-stock finish options (i.e. different faceplate and grille covering). I'm seriously looking into buying one.

It looks like a pretty cool amp, however I'd really like to have a Heartbreaker in a custom 4X10 cab :!: There's just something about a 4-10 cab. :) Wow, the (insert name of amp here) is really kick ***. Can I get one with four tens? Yes I admit it's an odd fixation I have. :roll:

MK-

I'm with you on the 4x10's. I plan on getting a LSS short head and the 4x10 open back cab which I believe is the Classic Series. MB will match the tolex to the Lone Star.

Ned

Tell me where you live Ned. I'll stop by late at night to "borrow" your new amp. :twisted: Just kidding, but I'd love to check it out when it arrives. Are you getting it through Music Makers or Guitar Center? As far as I know those are the only MESA dealers in town these days.

Haven't decided where to get it. Amazingly enough the GC guys are being proactive and checking with Mesa on how long and the price for custom orders. They guy at MM just blew me off and tried to sell me the regular Lone Star.

I'm in Round Rock. We should get together and jam, I'm trying to put together a jam band to just have some fun with.

Ned

Lone Star State said:
I'll do some checking on it & let you know. Give me the details on the options so I can give them to our rep for a quote.

Thanks for your help. I'd like it to look like the Stiletto (http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/stiletto/stiletto.htm), so the options would be:
1) Chrome Chasis
2) Black Crocodile Grille

Thanks for your help; I'm really looking forward to hearing about these options.

mloiaco said:
Lone Star State said:
I'll do some checking on it & let you know. Give me the details on the options so I can give them to our rep for a quote.

Thanks for your help. I'd like it to look like the Stiletto (http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/stiletto/stiletto.htm), so the options would be:
1) Chrome Chasis

Thanks for your help; I'm really looking forward to hearing about these options.

Not to draw this out, but there are two different Stilettos: The Deuce, and The Trident.

Also, I can get the price for you, but would have to refer you to your local dealer for the actual purchase; this is in adherence to Mesa's Pro Net guidelines. As dealers, they are supposed to honor the same price. It's like buying a Saturn; the price is the price, wherever you go.
I'll get the info asap & let you take it from there. If your dealer gives you any probs, let me know and I'll contact our rep to take care of it.

ned said:
Haven't decided where to get it. Amazingly enough the GC guys are being proactive and checking with Mesa on how long and the price for custom orders. They guy at MM just blew me off and tried to see me the regular Lone Star.
I think Brook-Mays Music is still a MESA dealer. You might give them a call.

ned said:
I'm in Round Rock. We should get together and jam, I'm trying to put together a jam band to just have some fun with.
Sounds like fun. What amp do you have now :?:

Lone Star State said:
mloiaco said:
Lone Star State said:

1) Chrome Chasis

Not to draw this out, but there are two different Stilettos: The Deuce, and The Trident.

Also, I can get the price for you, but would have to refer you to your local dealer for the actual purchase; this is in adherence to Mesa's Pro Net guidelines. As dealers, they are supposed to honor the same price. It's like buying a Saturn; the price is the price, wherever you go.
I'll get the info asap & let you take it from there. If your dealer gives you any probs, let me know and I'll contact our rep to take care of it.

Thanks again; this is a big help. I believe that the Stiletto Deuce and Trident look the same (chrome chassis and black crocodile grille). In addition to the price, would you be able to get me a quote on the approximate time it would take for me to get the head? Thanks again.

Right now I've got a Fender Champ, Dean Markley rack and a Rockman head. Have had Marshall rack setup in the past.

Ned

mloiaco said:
Lone Star State said:
mloiaco said:
1) Chrome Chasis

Thanks again; this is a big help. I believe that the Stiletto Deuce and Trident look the same (chrome chassis and black crocodile grille). In addition to the price, would you be able to get me a quote on the approximate time it would take for me to get the head? Thanks again.

The Trident Head goes for $1699.99; The Deuce - $1599.99.

Ahh...I see what the confusion is about now...I don't want a Stiletto. Rather, I want a Road King that looks like a Stiletto. That is, I'd like a Road King with the black crocodile grille and a chrome chassis. So, I was wondering how much it would be (with those custom options) and how long it would take. If you can help that would be a tremendous benefit for me!

I read the review of the Lone Star 1X12 in GUITAR PLAYER and it looks like a positivly wicked amp! :twisted:

I know the HEARTBREAKER has been discontinued for a few years now, but I'd love to have a HEARTBREAKER combo in a custom 4X10 cab, with the butterscotch crocodile covering, and some FANE alnico speakers.

Won't happen any time soon, but a boy can dream. :idea:

I just got my Lonestar 1X12 AAA Flame Maple cab combo with wicker grillin and it took about 3 months. Wellllll worth the wait. The maple cabinet gave it a sweeter tone than my standard one... 8)

Back