How hot does your triple get ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdylan

Reaction score
I noticed the 2 times I jammed last week that even the front part of my triple (around the bypass and on off switch) heats right up including the chrome grill in the front it is very hot.

Is this normal or should I be concerned ? I changed the EL34's to Mesa 6l6's on saturday and have not jammed yet with the new tubes so I can not say if there is a difference yet I am just curious. I expect warmth since it is a tube amp but I just figured I would ask in case.

Thanks again

Dylan

Warm mayby but not HOT. Make sure the spkr is plugged into the appropriate jack. Might have been the tubes also. Try the 6L6's (make sure to set the bias sw or they will last about 2 minutes!) and see what it does.

EL34's tend to run hotter than 6L6GC's. Also, if you're playing the amp for extremely long periods of time, you're going to heat all of the metal up in close proximity to the 14 tubes that are in your amplifier.

Dale

yeah it's all hooked up right and yeah it was after a couple hours of playin it cranked out.

we were supposed to jam tonight but the drummer started a new job today and didn't feel up to it so on wednesday I will be jammin with the new tubes and I will see then how the 6l6's run I just wanted to see if this was normal.

I figured it kinda was hence the totally open back and the grill on the top.

Having this thread in mind, after our rehearsal tonight I checked out my Triple and found the amp-chassis and knobs were fairly hot, but the diamond plate and top vent were warm but certainly not hot. I am using 6L6's in the power section. We had been playing earplug-loud for about 3 hours.

Latest posts

Back