i can't hear a clean sound at low volume!!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
i just got my road king and i am unable to hear the clean channels unless i max out the volume. can you please tell me what i am doing wrong. Channel 3 and 4 are good. because if i turn up the output then when i which to channel the volume will be too loud. Should i just turn up the master on channels 1 & 2?

Get a plexiglass shield and turn the output up, its a high volume amp so get a shield for your speakers.

.....I know wht you are going through

I have the same situation on my Mesa Triple but only when using the FX Loop active. My clean channel 1 Volume is super low and almost have to crank it to sound the same as my Channel 3 and 4 volume, and then it is flat and not so boomy and warm. If I crank up FX volume in rear, then when I switch back to Channel 3 it is super loud. Cant figure out what is going on here.

Sounds to me like you guys need to retube. Specifically the pre-amp tubes.

I had the same exact problem with my Stiletto Deuce. Volume dropped to almost nothing with fx loop or spongy vs bold, and sometimes would be unbearably loud. I ordered a complete set of preamp tubes (from Doug's Tubes) and now it sounds great. No more volume drop.

What do you have your gain set at? If you've rolled it near or completely off, this could be why. At bedroom levels on my Roadster, I'll lightly tap the masters up from completely off, on Ch 3 and Ch 4, to get them where I want. For Ch 1 or Ch 2 on clean/fat, I'll run them around noon with gain set near 9 o'clock. Volume balancing is tricky on these amps.

Also, if you're using the loop, you might try turning down the masters of Ch 3 and Ch 4 while raising the output so you don't need to crank it up so high on your clean channels. For me, typically the masters of 3 and 4 are around 9 o'clock give or take an hour.

ok at all my master set at 12 noon, that means every channel volume set at 12 noon and FX loop on. output at about 1/4 up. Also all gain set about the same 1 pm. All channels are same output with the exception of the clean channel. It is so super low I almost have to crank the Master volume to get it to be even with the other channels. But if I turn off or bypass the FX loop, it gets super loud and boomy and I can even it out with the other channels. This is a brand new amp!! So the clean channel (1) only gets super low volume when the FX loop is turned on.

Latest posts

Back