2x12 mesa users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
I wanted to know do any of one out there use mesa 2x12 rectifier cabs. The reason why is because i ordered about a month ago a Custom Road King Head with a custom rk 2x12 cab with a also custom rectifier 2x12 cab. Rk users or people familiar with it might know why did i get that combination. But what is your opinion on 2x12's as well as using two different 2 2x12's?

i use a recto 2x12, and it's all the cab i need. i haven't used a decent 4x12 in a jam/gig setting so i'm not sure how much better it could disperse. anyway, when it's on the ground, the bass is really tight, but it's still able to be felt. i like it a lot, and you'll probably be really happy with a rk and recto 2x12.

Hi there !

I'm new owner of a RKII.
I've just orderd a 2x12 ROADSTER (NOTRoadking) cab.

I have another 2x12 cab with WEBER. This one is light, made of Pine and open back. So I'll be able to benefit from cabinet switching.
The Roadster cab with V30 will be used for gain and/or Marshall-style tones. The other cab is used for clean / fender-ish tones.
Maybe I'll change the california Weber I have for Weber Neomag 12.

I didn't choose the RK 4x12 because it's too heavy; I prefer two 2x12 instead because it's easier to carry.

can you chris tell me more about the benefit of RK 2x12 + a recto 2x12 option you have chosen ?

Phil

I just bought a used Mark IV short head. Im looking for a 2x12 cab right now. What do you guys recommend?

I play lamb of god, slayer, As I lay dying, Tool and that type of stuff.

Which would be the better choice Recto or Road king?

Elixir said:
I just bought a used Mark IV short head. Im looking for a 2x12 cab right now. What do you guys recommend?

I play lamb of god, slayer, As I lay dying, Tool and that type of stuff.

Which would be the better choice Recto or Road king?

Recto.

I prefer 2x12's over 4x12's because they're always tighter. I like really tight bass.

itsjonduhh said:
i use a recto 2x12, and it's all the cab i need. i haven't used a decent 4x12 in a jam/gig setting so i'm not sure how much better it could disperse. anyway, when it's on the ground, the bass is really tight, but it's still able to be felt. i like it a lot, and you'll probably be really happy with a rk and recto 2x12.

I use a recto 2x12 as well, and I had to get it off the ground. The bass was just overwhelming. I couldn't dial it out.

I built a small stand with casters made out of 2x4's and that really eases the bass considerably.

Even now when I play channel 4 modern (RK1) the bass doesn't go above 12:00. I use to put it at about 3:00 when I was going through the 3/4 back cab.

I think the recto cabs sound amazing.

I think if you had an amp that lacked bass, using a recto cab on the ground would cure that!

I use a recto 2X12 with EV12L's and Weber beam blockers with my VHT 50/ST and sometimes with my MKIVb combo. Killer sounding cab! Heavy too. :)

primal said:
itsjonduhh said:

I use a recto 2x12 as well, and I had to get it off the ground. The bass was just overwhelming. I couldn't dial it out.

I built a small stand with casters made out of 2x4's and that really eases the bass considerably.

Even now when I play channel 4 modern (RK1) the bass doesn't go above 12:00. I use to put it at about 3:00 when I was going through the 3/4 back cab.

I think the recto cabs sound amazing.

I think if you had an amp that lacked bass, using a recto cab on the ground would cure that!
haha, yeah i'll leave it to the amp, since mine's got pretty tight bass. with my lp i do have to back off the bass a lot more than my sg, that's for sure.

I have an original Road King amp. I use it with different cabs depending on my mood. I did buy a Road King 2x12 cabinet for it; the open/closed back version. I like it OK. I typically just use both speakers at the same time. I have on occasion split the cab for fun.

Here's a pic with the Road King set up with a couple of my Dr. Z amps:

DrZ3_1.jpg

Both the Road King head & the cabinet are pretty darned heavy. I usually use a handtruck to carry the two around. Great sound, though.

Mesadude 8)

just became one tonight! so far its pretty sweet and a very tight sound. way better than my marshall avt 4x12!

Back