Dual Rectifer solo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prymo

Reaction score
I just recieved my Head a few weeks ago. I had my first gig with it two nights ago and man! i am sooo impressed with this thing. it was definetly the sound i was looking for. the only problem i have encountered is the matching the volumes

the clean channel is maxed and my dirty channel is on 10:00 or 11:00 and it is over powering the clean channel. if you guys could help me out with this that would be great. other than that Mesa is the Bomb! :D

look on the rear panel of your rectifier and look at the fx loop section..then turn the "assign" knob to "loop on"... now you can adjust your total volume output as well as your solo volume on the front panel of your rectifier.
D U A L R E C T I F I E R S R O C K!!!!!!!!

ok thanks guys. i have also hear if you mess around with your loop settings (send level return level) it will help boost the volume.

Prymo said:
ok thanks guys. i have also hear if you mess around with your loop settings (send level return level) it will help boost the volume.

You have to turn the effects loop "ON" by switching the knob on the back to a setting that is active, then after you do that, the two knobs to the far left on the front of your Mesa are active, one says Solo and the other I believe is Master. That will adjust the overall volume of the head.

To get the channels equal, you will have to turn the channel master up for your clean channel and channel 2 will be a little lower and channel 3 will be alot lower.

Channel 3 is very hot and I have trouble matching it with the other 2 as well.

im just afraid that if i turn the channel volume down, i wont get the same sound with the master volume up. Does this make a difference?

The channel volume control's the pre-amp stage and the overall is the power-amp.
You will get a pre-amp distortion from your 12ax7's if you have the channel volumes up, and power-amp distortion from your 6L6's if you turn your masters up.

Just experiment, you'll find a good sound

I just have to say, every time i go and play this amp it sounds better and better IMO. I'm sooo in love with this head. now i just need a new cab. mine will do for now :D

Latest posts

Back