rect-o-verb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamdesoto

Reaction score
i'm blindly bidding on a rect-o-verb. heard great things. i have a dual rec 3 channel right now. what can i expect from this rect-o-verb?

Better cleans, less channels (2), less headroom (although PLENTY loud), no tube rectification, no footswitchable FX loop.

Did I miss anything?

plenty of balls for a 50 watt head, great lead voicing on Vintage.
shitty loop but workable.
I love mine, but I wish it had one more channel though so I could set up a
modern and a vintage at the same time.
That would be killer with a 50 watt head. :shock:

got one and it is wonderful. tight and good for rythm and lead. very very very bad loop

Mod the loop to serial and you'll be fine. I just did that with mine and it sounds much better and works great with my GT-8 I just got. I love the Rect-o-verb amps. Simplicity and tone at a great price.

MusicManJP6 said:
Mod the loop to serial and you'll be fine. I just did that with mine and it sounds much better and works great with my GT-8 I just got. I love the Rect-o-verb amps. Simplicity and tone at a great price.

Do you lose the solo function when you mod to serial?

MusicManJP6 said:
Hmmm... i haven't actually tested that, but I wouldn't think you would. I'll try it and see.
The reason I ask is that one of the Mesa techs insinuated that switching to a serial loop has its own inherent issues and I thought he mentioned that the solo feature was no longer available after making the mod.

I can't imagine that it would change the Solo function...all Solo is (according to the schematics that I've seen) is an extra pot that's placed between the Master control and the ground, and able to be switched into the circuit at will. I can't see how it's in any way connected to the FX loop.

If you don't win the auction, I have a rect-o-verb combo for sale :p

Also I did the series to parrallel mod so I could actually use time based effects in the loop =p

sixtonoize said:
I can't imagine that it would change the Solo function...all Solo is (according to the schematics that I've seen) is an extra pot that's placed between the Master control and the ground, and able to be switched into the circuit at will. I can't see how it's in any way connected to the FX loop.
here's a thread about the mod.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=82589&sid=03e942ff9ffbff9d0af59c13f70f6961
In particular a comment made by someone who had the mod done to his amp.
PJRAKE said:
"the master volume still works and i can control the FX loop with the footswitch, however the solo boost is gone (never used it anyway). "

TheRazMeister said:
MusicManJP6 said:

No - Solo function still works fine.

SneakyPete said:
TheRazMeister said:
MusicManJP6 said:

No - Solo function still works fine.
Interesting...I wonder what happened in his situation?

thanks everybody! i won the amp and used it at a show tonight. sounded good and has plenty of balls. although, it does something weird when i switch from channel 1 to 2. when i press the channel switch it switches to 2, then when i take my foot off the button, it sort of hiccups. weird.

also, i pulled the 6l6's and put a pair of high gain el34's from eurotubes in there. blistering.

Back