Tell me the Sims and Diffs between these cabs please.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regret

Reaction score
Recto 4x12 Trad.
Recto 4x12 Standard
Marshall 1960 AV

and

Recto 2x12 Vert.
Recto 2x12 Horiz.

I have the 1960AV, but I'm interested in the Recto 4x12s. The Traditional one especially. Is the Trad. or Standard the same size as the Marshall?

I also have the Recto 2x12 horiz., but have to stand it on its side to hear it really good. How does the Vertical one project the sound?

Thanks for any comments,
Robert

check it out, more friendly :p
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/PrintableG-Cabs.htm

The traditional 4x12's size is almost the same as Marshall's, but I did not compare them side by side.
Right now I am using a Recto 2x12 Vertical in my apartment. The sucker sounds huge and has a pretty pretty good definition with my EBMMs. I am looking for a traditional 4x12 coz the standard 4x12 lacks definition to me.
my 0.02 cent

The Traditionals are typical 4x12 size. Standards a bit larger, and have a deeper tone. IMO the Mesa version of the V30 is waaayyyy better than the one Marshall uses. Heard somewhere that the paper cone is thicker. The standards can get a bit boomy if you're not careful w/ EQing. They seem to tighten up as volume increases.

NoGlassNoClass said:
The standards can get a bit boomy if you're not careful w/ EQing. They seem to tighten up as volume increases.

+1.

I have both and prefer the Standard as it is more 3D sounding. The Traditional is a bit more compressed sounding...but only if you're playing them side by side. The differences are subtle if you're not A/Bing them.

EQing them carefully is the key...don't use a pickup that is super bass heavy and expect it to sound good through the Standard cab. Conversely, don't take a bright pickup and expect it to sound warm through the Traditional cab.

Either cab sounds good, as long as you know what you're dealing with.

Thanks for the info guys.

When I round up the money or sell something I'm gonna have to go try out these cabs.

There isn't much room in my room though :(
1- 1/2 stack
1- 1/4 stack
1- 5/8 stack
4- guitars

Back