RKII rectifier indicator question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingtiger

Reaction score
On my new RKII, when I choose diode rectification, the "appropriate" tube rectifier indicator(s) remain lit. IS this normal? They DO change when I change channels & appear to be correct. When I choose, for instance, the 2x6L6 with diode, the diode AND one tube recto indicators go on & if I switch to a channel with say, 2xEL34's with tube, the diode indicator will go out
IS this normal operation, or am I doing something wrong, or did I get a "lemon".
Thanks-in-advance,
Tony

sleepingtiger said:
On my new RKII, when I choose diode rectification, the "appropriate" tube rectifier indicator(s) remain lit. IS this normal? They DO change when I change channels & appear to be correct. When I choose, for instance, the 2x6L6 with diode, the diode AND one tube recto indicators go on & if I switch to a channel with say, 2xEL34's with tube, the diode indicator will go out
IS this normal operation, or am I doing something wrong, or did I get a "lemon".
Thanks-in-advance,
Tony

on my rkII when I choose diodes all three leds are lit.
so I think nothing is wrong with yours

I actually talked to Mesa about this. They had me run throught a bunch of stuff at home here while on the phone. Technically, it shouldn't do this but they all do from what I know. I think it was something overlooked in the design. It doesn't hurt anything and I think function wise it's fine, but still the tube indicator lights shouldn't be on when in diode mode. It was probably a year ago when I talked to them, and I told them if they figure it out let me know. Haven't heard anything yet. It really isn't that big of a deal anyway, but if it could be fixed I would do it. I believe it was Kris that I talked to.

Mine seems to work fine. It was built circa June 2007. It also has a 220 volt power supply.

Try checking in Spongy mode.

Maybe they fixed the problem after I (and whoever else took the time to call) spoke to them??? Your tube lights go out in diode mode?

I just got it directly from Mesa 11 days ago, so this isn't an "old" issue.
The issue is this, put simply. the tube recto indicators stay lit in addition to the diode light in diode mode. The diode light goes out in tube recto mode.
Tony

Tried Spongy mode, still the same. Not a big deal, but I thought it was strange. It's also strange that in the manual, the front AND rear panel layouts are pretty much backwards! VERY strange!
Tony

Mine does the same thing but I remember someone saying that even when switched to diode rectifiers, the tube rectifier(s) is still present in the circuit. So technically they are always on.

sleepingtiger wrote:

Tried Spongy mode, still the same. Not a big deal, but I thought it was strange. It's also strange that in the manual, the front AND rear panel layouts are pretty much backwards! VERY strange!

The panel layouts are backwards because the combo is completely backwards from the head version.

The panel layouts are backwards because the combo is completely backwards from the head version.
Thanks, I forgot there IS a comboversion...duh!

Thanks to all for letting me know I'm not alone & that my head IS indeed OK! Now, if they'll just finish the correct front panel & send it, I can change it out & take pics to brag about, hehe!
Thanks Again,
Tony

Latest posts

Back