Mesa single rectifier solo VS single rect-o-verb:Differences

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmaster21

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm going to buy a mesa boogie single rect-o-verb, but i want the same sound of the single rectifier 50 solo. Do they have the same loop? same clean sound and same distortion? Is the reverbero the only difference? Thanks!

Yes, the reverb is the only difference. If you have an effect processor or equivalent with a reverb, you can have a much more better reverb than the spring reverb on the rectoverb (IMO).

Got it! I wanted to buy the single rectifier 50 solo but i've found the rect-o-verb at a great price, so i'm going to buy that! Thanx

Yes, it is much tighter than the dual rec i owned..Guy at mesa said it has something to do with the rectifer tubes in the DR..Even when switched to SS rectifier the dual still has a mushy low-end...the rectoverb is much tighter.

Perfect! So the rectoverb has quite gain, isn't it? I hope so...I want the tipical brutal distortions of the rectifiers ...(like killswitch engage, A7x, and more...) I've played the single rectifier solo, it was great, and it has a lot of gain...Brutal distortions... i love them..So if the rectoverb has the same loop, and same clean sound and distortion...I'm going to buy it soon!! :evil:

Latest posts

Back