Still havin a shaky start

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rog

Reaction score
To cut a long story short. Last week bought new dual rectifier. Blew 5 fuses in
4 days, took it back to the shop got a new replacement, gigged with it last night and couldn't believe what was coming from behind me, absolutley superb. I've played litterally hudreds of gigs and never had the quality of sound like that before, not to mention the solo button... Wow!!

Went down to our rehearsal room tonight because I NEEDED to play it again. Turned it on...no power...checked fuse...blown!! replaced fuse, started up, played but then started to make quite rumbling noises. Turned it off, turned it on...blown fuse!!! I suspect it's another faulty tube but for christ's sake when you pay £1700 ($3300) you want the bloody thing to work. It's going back to the shop on monday. Is it just my bad luck, or is this a regular occurance with other Mesa users?

Meanwhile, I'm starting to look at my trusty old marshall, at least it fired up everytime and never blew a fuse in ten years.

highly pissed off...

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar problem with my 3 channel Dual Recto when I first got it. I went through 4 fuses and eventually took it in to a local shop for repairs. The problem turned out to be 2 of the 4 silicon diodes failed. Much later after it was repaired it went out again. This was very irritating. I finally shipped it to Mesa for repairs and ever since then it's been working fine.

Back