The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 am 
Single Recto

kartoffel wrote:
I don't know how much the dealers make but if your endorsed by mesa you can get a new mark V for $800. I have seen dealers budge on prices before not enough for me to buy a new one but usually a few hundred dollars off of a 1-2K amp. Or the at least offer to cover sales tax. For me I just buy used I don't need to have new I need it to work and with Mesa I never really worried about that even when they are used. Although relatively new to Mesa amps within the last year only (dc10 mkiv ) they are much superior in quality than anything else I have owned. I don't understand how people are selling used MKV for 1800 though I'm sure I could get a dealer to go to that price no problem.

Not very likely, Mesa strictly enforces the standard pricing...and dealers will lose their licenses if they discount w/o Mesa's approval.

Lonestar v2 23" 1x12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 am 
Single Recto

I updated the Price Sheet Sheet with the latest version from 02-2010

Lonestar v2 23" 1x12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 am 
Mark III

In Canada, these types of low margin items tend to fluctuate in response to changes in the US/CDN dollar, and, this is closely related to gas prices. The US is the largest importer of Canadian fuel. When the price or demand of fuel goes up, the CDN dollar gains against the US dollar.

High volume MB dealers will cut deals based on the strength of the dollar, if they get the amp for $100 cheaper, they will often pass this down to the purchaser, if you are savvy enough to ask for it.

This tends to make me think the pro-net pricing is tightly tied into the wholesale price of these amps. If there were large margins on these amps, you would see the pricing at the retail level reflect that fact regardless of the agreements made with the manufacturer. Mesa Boogie could never drop a company like Long and McQuade as a dealer, they represent a large number of units every year.

I don't really have a problem with a company that does this, as long as it's to sustain the production of a quality piece of equipment like a boogie.

M

ESP MII DLX EMG 81/85
Mark 5:25
Mesa Mini Recto 1x12
DIY 1x12 Cab with Eminence Speakers
Mesa Metal Grille 4x12 (half open)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:37 pm 
Single Recto

pokerrules47 wrote:
In Canada, these types of low margin items tend to fluctuate in response to changes in the US/CDN dollar, and, this is closely related to gas prices. The US is the largest importer of Canadian fuel. When the price or demand of fuel goes up, the CDN dollar gains against the US dollar.

High volume MB dealers will cut deals based on the strength of the dollar, if they get the amp for $100 cheaper, they will often pass this down to the purchaser, if you are savvy enough to ask for it.

This tends to make me think the pro-net pricing is tightly tied into the wholesale price of these amps. If there were large margins on these amps, you would see the pricing at the retail level reflect that fact regardless of the agreements made with the manufacturer. Mesa Boogie could never drop a company like Long and McQuade as a dealer, they represent a large number of units every year.

I don't really have a problem with a company that does this, as long as it's to sustain the production of a quality piece of equipment like a boogie.

M

Ah, didn't realize we were talking about prices outside CONUS.

Lonestar v2 23" 1x12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm 
Donating Member

JAZZGEAR wrote:
pokerrules47 wrote:

M

Ah, didn't realize we were talking about prices outside CONUS.

Yep... it's pretty damned important to many of us! :mrgreen:

Mk III green stripe long head (now belonging to our own rotebass!)
DC-5 combo
MkV head (now belonging to our own theroan!)
Mk IIc+ "S" Code

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm 
Single Recto

I believe mesa only has two tiers of artists, the first of course are the big acts that get them for free. The second Tier I believe is what every other endorsed member gets, which around 40% off list price, one of my friends is endorsed by mesa and that is what he pays.

It is possible there is one more tier that would get a Mark V for $800, but if there is then only a minimal amount of mesa artists fall into that tier.

I know people that work at a mesa authorized store also get the 30% to 40% off, however they can only buy one a year, where the artists can buy as many as they want.

The nice thing about either being an endorsed artist or working at a store and getting this discount is, you also get the life time warrenty.

kartoffel wrote:
I don't know how much the dealers make but if your endorsed by mesa you can get a new mark V for $800. I have seen dealers budge on prices before not enough for me to buy a new one but usually a few hundred dollars off of a 1-2K amp. Or the at least offer to cover sales tax. For me I just buy used I don't need to have new I need it to work and with Mesa I never really worried about that even when they are used. Although relatively new to Mesa amps within the last year only (dc10 mkiv ) they are much superior in quality than anything else I have owned. I don't understand how people are selling used MKV for 1800 though I'm sure I could get a dealer to go to that price no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm 
Single Recto

Post updated with latest price list - 01-2011

Lonestar v2 23" 1x12

Post subject: Re: dealer prices?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am 
Mark II

davidp158 wrote:
Hey y'all - I new to this board, doing some research, so forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I'm curious if there are any dealers that offer Mesa Boogie amps below full retail. There are 4 Guitar Center stores in my area (Seattle), but only a few carry Mesa amps in stock and seem intent on selling at full retail price. Given our high sales tax, buying from an out of state dealer would be slightly less expensive, even at full retail price and shipping cost.

Hi Dave,

Go on a road trip to Oregon and find a nice music store (Apple Music Row in Portland comes to mind). I'm not sure if they will bargin with you but you'll pay zero sales tax.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:08 am 
Donating Member

JAZZGEAR wrote:
Post updated with latest price list - 01-2011
Thanks!

Mk IIA->C+ DRGX head "Cold Sweat" in GTS shell
1966 Fender Pro Reverb
DC-3 head
Orange Dual Terror
EVM loaded Thiele; MS-12 1/2 back
71 SG; 72 Tele; 76 White Strat; 77 LP Custom; 81 Goldtop; 05 Am Dlx Strat; 11 G0 plaintop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:31 pm 
Donating Member

Garrudae wrote:
I hope its ok to bump this thread.

Top post has been updated with a new video. My collection is close to completion

last video it was 71, the new one is 94. almost only more custom puzzles....

Huh? This thread is a "Sticky" and does not benefit from bumping.

Mk IIA->C+ DRGX head "Cold Sweat" in GTS shell
1966 Fender Pro Reverb
DC-3 head
Orange Dual Terror
EVM loaded Thiele; MS-12 1/2 back
71 SG; 72 Tele; 76 White Strat; 77 LP Custom; 81 Goldtop; 05 Am Dlx Strat; 11 G0 plaintop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:49 pm 
Single Recto

It was the guy's first post, and it was totally off-topic. To be honest, I don't even know what he was talking about. I'd say it's pretty obvious he's a spammer. :)

Past/Present Boogies
Express 5:50+ 1x12"
Stiletto Ace 1x12"
Electra Dyne Head
Lone Star Special 1x12"
Stiletto Ace Head
Express 5:25 1x10"
Mark IVb Widebody 1x12"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 am 
Mark II

New updated price list coming?