EVM-12's in Recto Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoGlassNoClass

Reaction score
IMO an unbelievable speaker that used to be an option in recto cabs. Why are they discontinued? Has anyone heard the Eminence DeltaPro 12A? It's advertised as a replacement for the EV. What about Mesa's Custom 90's? Amp is a Triple into two Recto-standard 4x12's, for very hard rock/traditional metal. The cabs sound better than any other V30 cab I've owned or heard, but I'm looking for a little more "slam", if that makes any sense.

NoGlassNoClass said:
IMO an unbelievable speaker that used to be an option in recto cabs. Why are they discontinued?
They were discontinued by Boogie because ElectroVoice stopped making them about a year ago.

The EV12L (and later EVM 12L) was Electro-voice's top of the line 12" speaker for quite some time. It was available for many years through M/B, Carvin, and others and was original equipment in M/B's high-power amps since the early 1980's (my 1989 Mk III came with one).

I had the best sound with a variation called the EV12S, which was a shorter coned version made specifically for guitar. They were only available for about five years, and are nearly impossible to find these days. I am told the 12L was changed in the mid-1990s, and did not sound the same as earlier models, but I cannot verify that.

They have been disconinued for some time now, and are becoming harder to find in good condition. I do have an email for a guy that has several good used ones, if you're interested. Your 4x12 will weigh a ton!

rickpark said:
Your 4x12 will weigh a ton!
Yes it will, but there's no way he'll ever blow it unless he's got one HUGE guitar amp. :shock:

Back