New Mesa Boogie - New Mesa Boogie Board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslide

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!
Rather fitting that a new Mesa message board goes up basically the same day I get my first Mesa amp.

My Tremoverb head came today. Maybe 2 or 3 really minor scuffs in the tolex, but other than that it seems to have been extremely well kept. Only has the Ch footswitch. I would probably like to at least get the effect loop switch and maybe the tremolo switch. Reverb is usually set it and forget it for me though.
With that said I am wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a custom switch with all three (effects, trem, verb) or maybe all 4 switches in one footswitch chassis???

I spent about 2 hours on it tonight while the wife was away so I got to give her a little juice. I only had my Strat w/ HSS into it so far. Found some great tones in it for sure! I really like both modes on Channel 1 so I had the Orange cloned over to Red so I could footswitch between the Clean Mode on one channel and the Vintage Gain on the other. This amp should definitely fit my needs very well. Unfortunately the Wednesday jam sessions I have recently started doing with some guys is postponed until next week so it'll have to wait to see how she sits in the mix.

These active controls are new to me and will take some getting used to. Especially the Mid control. Definitely adds a lot of brightness to the tone.
I think I will wait to post more of a review on my thoughts on the tones from the amp until I spend more time with it.

Anyway....Nice to be a member of the Boogie Board and an owner of a Mesa!!!

Pete

boogieslide said:
These active controls are new to me and will take some getting used to. Especially the Mid control. Definitely adds a lot of brightness to the tone.
I think I will wait to post more of a review on my thoughts on the tones from the amp until I spend more time with it.

For sure....until you're used to the EQ, I suggest starting with all your EQ knobs at or near 12:00. That's the advice I was first given, and it's proven to be very useful.

screamingdaisy said:
boogieslide said:

For sure....until you're used to the EQ, I suggest starting with all your EQ knobs at or near 12:00. That's the advice I was first given, and it's proven to be very useful.

Yeah I tried that method when I gave a 3 Ch Dual a test drive a few weeks ago. It worked well on that amp. But seeing where I had my Tverb set at for the tones I was digging tonight....I think that would be way too bright. Might depend what mode it is on though. I really spend most of the time on the Ch 1 Clean and Vintage Gain modes. The Modern Gain mode seemed to not have the same clarity that the Vintage Gain did. Backing off the gain seemed to lose something. Got find the right combination I guess.

Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back