A nomad coming in from the cold.(HELLO!!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
Hey!!

It's cool to find another positive board after seeing the marshallarts board shut down! Hopefully this one will have a long and healthy life. I'm a young player, but I know my tone! I'm running a hopped up fender 52' reissue strat into a nomad 45, through an avatar 2x12 loaded with celestions; one vintage 30 and one g12h30, then slaved into a marshall jcm900 100 watt with vintage 30's and jj/testla tubes for the extra oomph and tone from the big 6l6 bottles. Anyone else here finding their dream tone with a nomad? I can't get over the blackface clean, marshall crunch, and recto scream, so many options, so little time! I particularely enjoy the unique tone found in the breakup of the el84's. Haven't heard alot of it in music lately so it's cool having my own sound. Look forward to some interesting banter from you guys.

Andrew.

I've got a Nomad 100 212, which I also route to a 412 closed back cab via a Sound Sculpture PowerSwap. I've got a MIDI switching system for the Nomad and my rack effects based upon mostly Axess Electronics gear.

I don't know that I would say the Nomad is my "dream tone" but it's making me happy right now. I mostly play on Amber Channel Modern, with some patches for Red Modern and Green Vintage too. I don't have the ideal clean sound on Green yet. Will you share your clean tone settings?

I play a Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Special and Fender Strat. Check my gear at http://www.cvansickle.net/peds.htm.

Yeah, I have a Nomad 45 2x12. It definitely keeps me satisfied tone wise, and I'm always finding new tones in it. I gotta have the first channel (or green channel) clean as a whistle. For heavy distortion, I use the 2nd channel in modern mode. Then for a crunch, I use the third channel vintage mode with the gain at around 10:00.
I've been taking some digital pictures of my settings so I can go back to other settings I liked after changing them. Maybe I'll start posting some of 'em.

Latest posts

Back