Number 30~! Lol Hi all

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndc31

Reaction score
Woah awesome forum~!!

And I feel kinda special being the 30th member to join lol.

Anyways, I haven't been playing guitar for a long time and I'm not a great guitar player YET either :lol: but I love Mesa Boogie stuff.

Currently I'm running:
1) Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Duncan Jazz neck and custom bridge pickups), re-finished frets
2) Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Model (piezo, pearl redburst)

3) Mesa Recto solo 50, through 2x12 cab (celestian 90's)
4) GT-6 going through the fx loop of Recto through "4cable method"

I know my rig is probably nothing compared to some of you guys, but I'm in the process of saving up my goal of 5,000 dollars which will get me a nice rack system (triaxis, g-major, power amp of some sort, and midi stuff).

Anyways, hope to see more people here soon~

Great.
Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum!

So are you planning on a 50/50 or a 2:90 for your poweramp?

ndc31 said:
I know my rig is probably nothing compared to some of you guys,

Hey man, it sure looks like a badass rig to me.
headbang.gif

Grandor said:
Great.

Well, to be honest I was thinking about the 20/20 just because it takes up less space and I'm not into really CRAZY wattage (the same reason i went with a solo 50).

But it seems like a lot of people using the Triaxis (what I want) prefers the 2:90/Triaxis combo. So that's something I'll just have to experiment and see what works^^.

I'll look to all you people here for help when I get closer to upgrading.

ROCK ON~!

ndc31 said:
Grandor said:
Great.

Well, to be honest I was thinking about the 20/20 just because it takes up less space and I'm not into really CRAZY wattage (the same reason i went with a solo 50).

But it seems like a lot of people using the Triaxis (what I want) prefers the 2:90/Triaxis combo. So that's something I'll just have to experiment and see what works^^.

I'll look to all you people here for help when I get closer to upgrading.

ROCK ON~!

Np, have fun.
You should stick around, theres already some interesting convo's jumping up that we're all learning from each other from.

Why not just get a mark IV head???
Beats the hell out of the lame Triaxis which doesnt really sound like the mark series amps anyway.

It goes down to 15 watts in class A mode, up to 85 watts in full power A/B.
Hell you could even get the mark IV and a mark III for less money than the triaxis plus power amp rig, and sound way better.

BOOGIE666 said:
Beats the hell out of the lame Triaxis which doesnt really sound like the mark series amps anyway.

Hell you could even get the mark IV and a mark III for less money than the triaxis plus power amp rig, and sound way better.

Some people need versitilaty that rack gear provides, midi switching and CC commands and such.
If Mark IV's are better than triaxis/2:90's why do so many pro's use them?
They are different beasts, rack and head - you can't really compare them.

BOOGIE666 said:

Hmm,, interesting, I never received an email for your reply Boogie666. I wasn't ignoring you or anything LOL.

In anycase, like Grandor said, versatility is very important to me and that's why I've had a rack gear in my mind for a very long time. Of course the Mark series heads are awesome, but from what I've heard and what I've tried, I believe that the Triaxis set-up gives me more of what I need.

Also, you said that i could get a markIV and a MarkIII for the amp rig, but then again, in order for me to use the two mark series amps, i would have to get into more specific midi or amp selecting/switching stuff. In my opinion, everything has it's plus and minus, one thing for sure is that guitar gear always costs ALOT of money :lol:

And also just for your info, my final rig should look something like this:
Solo-50
Triaxis
G-major
poweramp (not yet decided)
and misc. midi stuff. (no board yet in mind, any suggestions?)

Call me crazy but I might even add a Tubescreamer in the mix somewhere since I LOVE using those for some solo sounds.

Thanks for your input anyways.

Back