Argh, irritating channel fading...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demon Cleaner

Reaction score
I never really realised it before (when I used to play my single rectifier at low volume - shame on me), but when I switch channels there is a little volume drop and then it fades up. It really kills the dynamics of a song that builds up to something heavy. All master volumes are set the same.

What I can think of, is the lack of a good power source. In that case, would a power conditioner do it any good? If not I guess I'm screwed unless someone knows what to do.

Oh, and by the way it is a series 1 single rectifier.

I'm willing to bet on a bad V2 or V3 preamp tube. I've heard of the Rectoverbs having a slight delay in channel switching, but I've not heard of a Single having a volume swell, unless it's a bad pre- tube. You might want to swap out those tubes one by one just to double check.

yeah, that is a possibility I haven't thought of. It makes sense though, because I have some quite older preamp tubes, and some mullards reissues too. Have wanted to change the older ones in a while now, but here is my excuse :) But about the popping sound that only occurs the first time I switch channel. A few quick stomps and it is quiet.

Nice board, this is. :D

Back