Roadster Slave out Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmandp

Reaction score
Hello,

Can the roadster slave out be used to send a signal to a recording device (like a protools mbox)? I don't wanna fry anything, and I have a feeling it just might do that. Right now I use a direct box with a load box to diffuse the wattage... works nice, but just curious about this slave out.

Thanks y'all

I believe its totally safe. The slave out is basically the same as the FX out. And think about it.. the FX out is meant to go into pedals and digital units like gmajors and what not... theres no power in the slave out section... its just the preamped signal. You can go into an mbox no problem... you might or might not need a DI box, im not sure... i dont think so though...

I think you just run the slave into the mbox, record, and probably add a cabinet simulator somewhere in there, otherwise itll sound real gritty.

jtb226 said:
make sure you have a load connect to the head (speaker, attenuator) or you'll fry it.

+ 10000

The slave out is actually tapped from the Output Transformer so it's signal is post-power amp (pre and power amp signal). The FX loop send is before the power amp (pre-amp signal only).

Dom

so what is the damage to the amp in the situation it dose fry? i used to own a peavey jsx and i used the pre amp all the time for re-amps and i tried this and it shut down on the Mesa. i was not aware that this unfortunate event could happen so easily, any help is welcome. Thanks

just hook up a load to the speaker output - that´s the main important thing.
the slave out delivers the same signal as which goes to the speakers but at line-level. so it´s save to hook it up do a recording desk - but there is NO speakersimulation!
if you think about using the slave out for live performance, you´ll need a speaker simulation like a Palmer PDI-09.
if you use it for recording, just record this signal and use a Impulse Response speaker simulation in your DAW on this signal.

don´t feed the slave out signal back to the fx-return jack on the amp!

and don´t forget to hook up a load to the amp!

Hrmmm this might answer my slave question, but maybe you guys have a better suggestion.

I'd like to record the amp dry, but also have a signal the has real time delay when recording a solo. Can i have the miced signal recording, but use the slave out to go into a POD or something to actually hear real time delay while I play?

yes, this could be done. don´t forget, a speakersimulation has to be activated in the POD.

Latest posts

Back