Mark Tremonti tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex1fly

Reaction score
Has anyone dialed up something like his rhythm tone on Alter Bridge's first album? It's so huge! If I wasn't about to buy a backup amp I'd be buying his signature guitar!

I am currently playing using his sound setup from the youtube tremonti rig video. Some people might think the bass is waaay too much. But in reality is sounds very good and HUGE. try it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CUQXOf2p4

I agree - even though you would think it sounds too bassy, it sounds great and still cuts through the mix of our band really well.

I have to make another comment on this matter:

I tried the same tremonti settings with a sd jb pickup and emg 81(both the guitars were LP). The sound was too bassy with sd jb ..but was perfect(to my ears) with the emg 81. The prs tremonti bridge pickup is the hottest prs pickup. So that might be a factor, which actually tames the 10 BASS and makes it sound huge and nice.

BTW the new Alter Bridge album is awesome...Must buy for rock lovers!

does anyone know what is the output of the prs tremonti bridge pickup?

vertigo_ said:
does anyone know what is the output of the prs tremonti bridge pickup?

From what I've gathered, its basically PRS' copy of the Gibson 500t that he played with before the PRS deal. Not sure on those specs, just a high output ceramic humbucker :)

i posted this int he other tremonti thread a few days ago, but in that youtube video...does he have both the channel and master volumes cranked? is that safe for the amp? that has to be insanely loud.

i remember seeing a thread a little bit ago about someone who cranked a stiletto too much and blew it up. any word on the rectos?

I wouldn't - even with an attenuator, that's a lot of juice going through the amp for extended periods of time.

I don't crank mine, but use his settings. For the record, I use a PRS singlecut with Tremonti bridge pickup, and a PRS singlecut trem ME with RP pickups - it sounds better on the singlecut, but part of that is how the ME is voiced.

I would try it without cranking it first - I like the sound and my band noticed a difference immediately in how "big" my sound was.

From PRS site

Tremonti Treble

Tremonti Treble Quantity in Basket: None
Code: ACC-3056
Price: $125.00

Quantity:

The Tremonti Treble pickup is specifically wound to Mark's specifications with powerful custom magnets. This is the hottest, most aggressive pickup we currently offer.

Come on dude...how can you take Tremonti seriously...he only uses 4 wah pedals??? what a loser, I have 9 on my rig....3 of them aren't even plugged in :D

vertigo_ said:
I am currently playing using his sound setup from the youtube tremonti rig video. Some people might think the bass is waaay too much. But in reality is sounds very good and HUGE. try it out:

NJ-Nick said:
From PRS site

Tremonti Treble

Tremonti Treble Quantity in Basket: None
Code: ACC-3056
Price: $125.00

Quantity:

The Tremonti Treble pickup is specifically wound to Mark's specifications with powerful custom magnets. This is the hottest, most aggressive pickup we currently offer.

that's what i got on my les paul and it's loud!

BTW: the new album is awesome!

TheRazMeister said:
Come on dude...how can you take Tremonti seriously...he only uses 4 wah pedals??? what a loser, I have 9 on my rig....3 of them aren't even plugged in :D

vertigo_ said:

I take him seriously because he's the man who is famous for writing music. He's also very good at it and has lots of money because of it.

I have also personally met him. He's a very genuine guy...not to say the same about you.

Are we a little touchy mr steeldragon??? I was only joking.....
and BTW - I wouldn't trade his fame or fortune for my 2 kids, wonderful wife and blessings I get from God every single day...

steeldragonjovi said:
TheRazMeister said:

vertigo_ said:

I take him seriously because he's the man who is famous for writing music. He's also very good at it and has lots of money because of it.

I have also personally met him. He's a very genuine guy...not to say the same about you.

i personally like him because the music he writes really strikes something with me. alter bridge is great, and tremonti is a great player to boot.

TheRazMeister said:
Are we a little touchy mr steeldragon??? I was only joking.....
and BTW - I wouldn't trade his fame or fortune for my 2 kids, wonderful wife and blessings I get from God every single day...

steeldragonjovi said:
TheRazMeister said:

Well, I suppose that's a fair trade off.

: )

His tone on the new album is awesome! I'm a big Alterbridge fan. The first 2 songs especially are killer. LOVE those riffs!

You're going to need more than a Mesa

5 amps for live use!

Mark's new live rig:

mr1ih6.jpg

Mark's Blackbird recording rig

l06b29b179a95975fa67d15ar6.jpg

good luck!

Latest posts

Back