Speakers to use with a Stiletto Deuce?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jak0lantern01

Reaction score
OK, I'm pretty sure that I am settled on a Stiletto Deuce head. I have an old Mesa 2x12 half-back vertical cab that I want to get new speakers for. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Hey jackolantern, I bought the deuce a while back and when I brought it home I actually had a Bogner Ubershall 4x12 with the X pattern in it.
It did sound nice dont get me wrong but for some crazy reason I wanted to try the mesa traditional 4x12 with it,, maybe because it matched the head, but I bought the traditional and never looked back. Im very happy now. I will say that both of these cabs seemed a bit bright with the deuce in the beginning and didnt keep the uberschall long enough to notice any change in sound but the traditional after a few months seemed to warm up and smooth out in sound. I love it.

I love the celestion V30 with mine. A bit bright at first as RR said but it evens out once broken in and sounds fantastic

You are getting into a preference thing now . I used an EV12L when I was a mark II player . Good speaker but for my ears I'll go with the celestion .

How are the V30's in the low-end area? I play mostly hard rock, but play a bit of nu-metal in there. Testing the Stiletto this past weekend, I felt the amp could handle pretty much everything, but I'm going to need speakers with a little oomph.

Like many at first I did'nt care V-30's and now i dig'em. They sound killer with the Ace. The low end is great for hard rock and metal but the cabinet will be the final judge of how fat it will sound/feel. V-30s can certainly be edgy at first but smooth out after you pummel them.

I have the Stiletto 2X12 Cab which has the V30's and they sound amazing. Very tight and punchy. They can handle the bottom end fine.

Dave~

Stiletto Deuce Stage II
Stiletto 2X12 Cab

Question:

Have any of you tried a Theile with C90's through the Stiletto Ace? If so how do they compare to the V30?? I recall someone stating quite awhile ago that they liked the C90 better than the V30 with the Ace

The c90s don't have the kick that V30s do IMO. To me, they almost sound like you're playing with a blanket over the speaker. Smoother, but IMO, too smooth. :?

V30 all the way - traditional cab too - I tried the Rect cab and its was very big and boomy which in a three piece I was intrigued by...agonized for a while and got the traditional - nice and tight, focused...very happy with the Deuce and the Stiletto cab...

ibanez4life SZ! said:
The c90s don't have the kick that V30s do IMO. To me, they almost sound like you're playing with a blanket over the speaker. Smoother, but IMO, too smooth. :?

I like the C90s (and the G12-65s, speaking of smooth) in my 4x12. I've never thought it was like "playing with a blanket over the speakers". I only run the treble around 2:00 and the presence below 12:00 on both channels to keep it from being too bright to my ears.

I'm going to try the Stiletto Ace with my 1X12 Theile and see what it sounds like with both.

OK I've tried the recto 2x12 cabinet and I'm returning it for the Stiletto 2x12 and getting a Stiletto Deuce. I can't wait!

Back