Solo Boost for the Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finalman

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to get a solo boost for my Tremoverb head. I've tried everything. Now, my idea is to try and get a boost from my effects loop with nothing running through it. The only problem is that the Effects Loop Volume knob on the front of the amp is directly linked to both channels. When i switch it to Ext. Switch, they are all active. I guess my question would be, is there a way to make the effects loop volume separate from the other two channels. If so, that would TOTALLY SOLVE MY PROBLEM!!!

Any help is TOTALLY APPRECIATED!!!!

-Thanks
-James Simpson
www.finalband.com

Finalman,
I recently picked up a Tremoverb and I have been exploring and thinking about solo boost options as well. My Fulldrive II just doesn't do it through the Gain channel (vintage gain on Orange).

I do not have the Effects foot switch yet so I haven't been able to try this, but my impression was that you set the Effects loop to Ext Switch.
Keep the Effects switch off
Match your channels volumes
On the channel you want to boost engage the Effects switch and get the volume to the level you want above your normal volume. Now while you are playing leave the effects Loop off. When you want a boost, turn it on and you get that higher volume you set.

I want a clean channel and a Gain channel on my amp. I have found that I like to Clone it so that the Red Channel acts like the Orange.
Then I set the Orange - Vintage up for my gain tones and my Red - Clean for my clean tones.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. I got the FXLoop switch in the mail, plugged it in, and set the loop to External Switch. When i did that, the FX loop Master is always on and you cant shut it off.

There has to be some sort of way to do some sort of mod to it.

That sucks! Making me think twice about whether or not I need to drop the $50 for the effect loop switch then.

I did experiment a bit by simply switching the effects assignment dial from Off to Orange/Red...with the FX Master set slightly higher and that obviously worked. So I am thinking you are right, there must be a way to mod it so the effect switch does the same as turning it off or on to the assigned channel or channels.

Hey I checked out your website a bit. Pretty cool site man! I noticed you have a Boss Noise Suppressor listed in your gear.
Do you use that with your Tremoverb and if so, where do you put it in the signal chain?
The Tremoverb is not noisy in comparison to some other high gain heads I have had, but a good gate to completely silence it wouldn't be a bad thing.

You running yours with 6L6 or EL34s?

I use the noise suppressor at the end of my chain. It goes guitar-wah-mesavtwin-tuner-noise suppressor-amp. The noise suppressor just helps me out at high volumes. The tremoverb is the best amp out there. sooooooo clean and such a clear distorted tone. I am gonna call mesa on monday or tuesday and see what they say about some sort of mod for that fx loop. i'll let you know

Hey Finalman, why not just run some type of clean boost pedal in your effects loop? You could engage it with your effects loop switch thus leaving the effect on at all times and out of your way! Say, I have that Boss NS-2 (currently not in the chain) and when I ran it I used the send and return loop for all of my effects except for the delay!

I tried running my Fulldrive II as a boost in front of the amp first. Works fine on the clean channel, but really doesn't increase volume going into the gain channel.
Someone else suggested trying it in the effects loop and when I did that it colored the tone drastically.
Perhaps a different Boost pedal would work better???

Latest posts

Back