LSS popping noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja22y

Reaction score
My Lone Star Special mades a popping noise when I switch channel and when I flip the standby to on or off. Is this normal ?

MY New 2007 LSC Head does the same thing -- and it is NOT normal cause none of my other Boogie amps do that...plus the LSC combo I had did not do it. I had the head sent back to MBoogie lat week to have it fixed or replaced. So I will let you all know how it turns out.

Jazzgear, did your 07 LS pop when switching from 10watts on either channel to 50 or 100 watts? Mine has a clicking/ popping noise when I do this.

cant play pool with a rop said:
Jazzgear, did your 07 LS pop when switching from 10watts on either channel to 50 or 100 watts? Mine has a clicking/ popping noise when I do this.

Yes, but I think that's to be expected if the amp is off of Standby. I never switch that option unless I go to STDBY first.

Mine does this:
-turn standby on/off: popping noise, sometimes 2 pops.
-switch channel either by toggle switch or footswitch: a "thud" noise. Sometimes loud but most of the time is not as loud as the standby pop.
-Switch to drive w/ toggle sw. Loud 'spark' like noise. But if switch on/off again the noise is not as loud.
-switch solo on: no noise :D
-Fx loop bypass on/off: popping noise.

I only have my amp for 3 weeks and this can not be normal, is it ?

After playing and listening some more, my only pop is when I switch the Standy switch to "on". I thing my pop is just resonance from the cabinet, mine is a 27 LSS Head. I have tried switching the gain switches and the wattage switches with the amp on and hear no popping sounds at all.
You should proabably call Mesa and talk directly to them about this.

TW

ja22y said:
Mine does this:
-turn standby on/off: popping noise, sometimes 2 pops.
-switch channel either by toggle switch or footswitch: a "thud" noise. Sometimes loud but most of the time is not as loud as the standby pop.
-Switch to drive w/ toggle sw. Loud 'spark' like noise. But if switch on/off again the noise is not as loud.
-switch solo on: no noise :D
-Fx loop bypass on/off: popping noise.

I only have my amp for 3 weeks and this can not be normal, is it ?

Mine does all of the above -- and this is why it was sent back directly to Mesa Boogie to fix -- it is anything but normal.

JAZZGEAR said:
Mine does all of the above -- and this is why it was sent back directly to Mesa Boogie to fix -- it is anything but normal.

Did you get it back and did it get fixed ? What was the issue ? I called Mesa and I'm going to bring it to an authorize shop tomorrow.

there have been a bunch of previous post about popping and clicking sounds when switching channels and such

my dual rec did it unitl i changed the V1 preamp tube

my LSS has never done it

Latest posts

Back