Hi all. 1st post.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, Sat. I bought my 2nd Boogie. A Lone Star Special!!! :D

When i was reading stuff here and other places i thought to my, "This sound too good to be true", but i must say it is all true and more. I think mere words cannot discribe it's clean tone. All i can say is WOW!!!

Any way, now that my password is working, I thought i would stop in and say hi and exclaim; Boogies Rule!!!

Welcome aboard, QuadB!

Love the LSS and love the Carvin too - very nice guitar... check my sig for a pic of my LSS ToneMachine... congrats on your purchase!

SabuJSE said:
Welcome aboard, QuadB!

Love the LSS and love the Carvin too - very nice guitar... check my sig for a pic of my LSS ToneMachine... congrats on your purchase!

Thanks, Hey tell me how the extra 1x12 cab affects the tone. I hooked mine to my oversized recto 4x12. Though it got louder and bigger i feel like it looses something in it's over all tone. B

The only gear you'll ever need? LOL

Maybe all you'll need, but I'm sure not all you'll WANT! GAS is a *****!

Welcome to the board though. Enjoy.

I find the cab fattens it a bit - little more warmth. No detraction from tone... your mileage may vary :)

Hey Bull , I was going to PM you at the Carvin board about you comming over here and posting some clips.
If i had the $$$$ I would get the special too. The 5-15-30 watt capability is
a great feature.

nocluejimbo said:
BigBadBoogieBob said:
nocluejimbo said:
Is your 135 koa over mahogany? Looks great.

No, that's mahogany over mahogany neck/body. Amazing isn't it?B

It is quite the amazing top, regardless of the species.

You still enjoying the Beast?

No, i sold The Beast. It was nice but the 7th string was beyond me. I'm loving my DC135. Most people that play it have one thing in common to say. They all say the neck is too fast. Funny huh, too fast. BBB

BigBadBoogieBob said:
nocluejimbo said:
BigBadBoogieBob said:
No, that's mahogany over mahogany neck/body. Amazing isn't it?B

It is quite the amazing top, regardless of the species.

You still enjoying the Beast?

No, i sold The Beast. It was nice but the 7th string was beyond me. I'm loving my DC135. Most people that play it have one thing in common to say. They all say the neck is too fast. Funny huh, too fast. BBB

I have just about found my way into 7 string control after playing my homebrew for a few months. It definitely is something that takes practice.

And a neck too fast? No such thing.

I tend to prefer chunkier necks, but as a child of the 80's, a good ol' paper thin is very enjoyable when I want to shred!

Man!!! I was able to listen to someone else play my guitar through my amp yesterday. OH MY GOD!!! It's just sounds incredible. The notes just jump out and bloom and fill the whole room. I'm still amazed. BBBB

Latest posts

Back