Q: Retrofit Lonestar Classic w/10 watt option?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw

Reaction score
I just got a Lonestar Classic 1x12; I got an amazing deal, a store return for a reduced price -- I feel like I won the lottery -- but it's probably also because it's a 2006 that had been on the floor for a while, and doesn't have the 10 watt setting.

My amp tech friend says that retrofitting the 10 watt option into this amp would be absolutely doable, and I have no doubt that he could do it himself. But I'm afraid that it would void the warranty.

Any ideas about whether Mesa would be able and willing to do this? I live in the bay area, so driving it up to Petaluma would be trivial. I also know I should probably call them directly, but I thought I'd try here first because... I want to. :)

Love the damned amp, by the way. I can't stop playing it.

Thanks!

I actually spoke to Mesa/Boogie Hollywood about this. They pretty much said that it isn't possible to mod the amp to do 10 watts.

I'm guessing they can't mod it because the process requires too much modding to the original LSC PCB. There could be a version 2.0 LSC PCB for 2007.

My recommendation to you: thd yellow jackets and/or an attenuator.

Latest posts

Back