Rectoverb vs Dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpingua

Reaction score
Hi folks. I own a 3ch dual rec HEAD and I use this for pratice. I am considering purchasing a recto verb or tremoverb COMBO for home use because I love the mesa tone so much. Can anyone compare and contrast any of these amps to the 3ch dual rec sound wise. I dont live in a town where there are mesa dealers if not id just go hear one.

Side note, can the slave out on mesa amps be used to go into a recording device w/o any additional power?

On that side note, the slave out will sound horrible into a recording device or mixing console! It's meant to be sent to another power amp and sounds weak and brittle if not!

elpingua said:
Hi folks. I own a 3ch dual rec HEAD and I use this for pratice. I am considering purchasing a recto verb or tremoverb COMBO for home use because I love the mesa tone so much. Can anyone compare and contrast any of these amps to the 3ch dual rec sound wise. I dont live in a town where there are mesa dealers if not id just go hear one.

Side note, can the slave out on mesa amps be used to go into a recording device w/o any additional power?

I think you will end up liking the rectoverb/tverb sound better than your 3ch DR and just end up using it for everything!

Its hard to give an honest comparison to the two. The rVerb is definitely in the same ball park as your DR, outside of possibly not liking the speaker that comes in the combo version of it (which I dont like..) I dont see why you wouldnt like it if you like your DR.

And yeah, as mentioned using the slave out for recording isnt going to be the best sound. If thats what you want, then you want Recto recording pre-amp.

Well I would like to be able to record at home via my computer at low volumes, so a preamp type of thing maybe better for me as you said. Thanks for your help.

I was in the same boat as you for a while... I had a Triple recto 3 ch head and needed a combo to lug around instead of a head/cab rig. I got a Rectoverb and loved it, alot!! But, it didn't have the balls I was used to hearing coming form my head/cab setup. The Rectoverb combo sounded better through my cabinet than my head did to, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a combo - doesn't it? So I sold it and got a Tremoverb combo and it just came in today, but I already like it better!

The T-verb is voiced after the older dual rectos, and to me it sounds warmer than my triple and r-verb did, but just as brutal. I no longer have the Triple either, I found a T-verb head to trade for and so now I have 2 T-verbs....... So you know what I'm going to say! But my head runs 6L6's and the combo runs EL34's and @ 50wts with some tubes pulled.

The only thing the T-verb cant do that the duals/triples and Rectoverbs can do is the Solo boost......But there are work arounds to that if you really need that.

As for direct recording, the Slave out will sound terrible! Thats more for running into another amp or a power amp. If you want to do direct recording, try a Line 6 or Vox Tonelab or even a Behringer V-amp.... All were made for that, but the VOX sounds best IMO (got a Tonelab SE too). The VOX Tonelab has a GREAT recto model!! Not to mention all the other tones.

Great thanks for your input guys, just what I was looking for. Sounds like T-verb is what im going to go after, hopefully I can find one used =)

Latest posts

Back