bit of a shaky start

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rog

Reaction score
Hi, just found the forum, hello to all and what great place to talk Boogie.

After playing Marshalls for years I finallly took the plunge, dug deep into my wallet and parted with my hard earned cash and bought a new Dual Rectifier.

Took it to our rehearsal room and wow, never believed it would sound so good, absolutley superb. Went down the following day, turned it on, no power!! the fuse had blown!! replaced fuse started playing confirmed again what a brilliant amp. Unfortunatley, it blew another 3 fuses, at which point I'm ready to throw it out of the bloody window. Took it back to shop they gave me another. This time all seem well and I'm still tinkering with the settings.

No going back to marshalls for me, mesa's the only way to go.

Most likely, change the tubes. Espescially if it was a storefront display model. A bad tube will cuase the fuse to blow, which is better than having a cathode resistor fry.

mikey383 said:
Most likely, change the tubes. Espescially if it was a storefront display model. A bad tube will cuase the fuse to blow, which is better than having a cathode resistor fry.

Would you say the same for me? Mine was 2nd hand

Latest posts

Back