TwoString's Roadster...NAKED (HUGE PICS!!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twostring

Reaction score
The curiosity killed me, so I had to open it all up and see what goodies were inside. I had the camera handy, so I figured why not take some pics.

It all started with the footswitch. I was thinking about putting this whole thing in a smaller package, but I would want to build a second footswitch instead of ripping apart the stock switch.

Here's where it all starts.

Here's the front of the head.

Guard bar removed...
Roadster065.jpg

Top of the chassis
Roadster079.jpg

THE GUTS!!!!
Roadster083.jpg

Giant caps and box resistors
Roadster092.jpg

Lots of pots
Roadster096.jpg

Top of the transformer
Roadster099.jpg

THESE CAN KILL YOU!!!
Roadster103.jpg

Power and standby switches, solo and output level controls
Roadster112.jpg

This board holds all of the front panel LEDs that show current channel, effects loop and solo status.
Roadster119.jpg

Speaker jacks and channel switch (upper right)
Roadster135.jpg

Reverb, power, rectifier and effects loop channel strip
Roadster131.jpg

More pots
Roadster151.jpg

Inside the head shell - reverb tank sitting pretty at the top
Roadster159.jpg

Front logo/decoration plate. This whole thing (diamond plate, piping and vinyl) is mounted on a 1/4" piece of plywood
Roadster169.jpg

How Mesa attaches the piping
Roadster188.jpg

Tube chart - every Mesa (I believe) has one of these in case you're wondering, some are just hidden better than others
Roadster198.jpg

Lots of light bulbs!!!
Roadster207.jpg

I was originally never going to open this amp up, but like I said, when you've just gotta know, you've just gotta know. Plus I geek out over this stuff. Enjoy the pics!

Cool!thanks, good stuff! I was thinking of changing the front plate on the roadster, it looks like it pops right out. Love to see the insides too.

Thank you very much for these great pictues :)

THESE CAN KILL YOU!!!
Roadster103.jpg
These ones are nothing.
This is the Stuff i work with ;).
c04f07bxe9.jpg

The last three weeks i built up power supplies for huge LASERs with around 8kW. These caps could grill the hell out of you, man.

No problem at all guys. Now I have a favor to ask. Anyone know where I can dig up a schematic for the Roadster? I really want to know how they have their EQ and gain controls laid out in the circuit (helps me understand how to set the controls).

Mr. Stiletto said:
Thank you very much for these great pictues :)

THESE CAN KILL YOU!!!
Roadster103.jpg
These ones are nothing.
This is the Stuff i work with ;).
c04f07bxe9.jpg

The last three weeks i built up power supplies for huge LASERs with around 8kW. These caps could grill the hell out of you, man.

GOOD GOLLY JEBUS SAUCE!!! DEMS IS HUGE CAPS!!

Latest posts

Back