Rackmount Effects Order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck

Reaction score
I have the TC Electronics G-Major and DBX 266XL Gate/Compressor. What order should I put these in my effects loop. My setup now is G-Major then Gate/Compressor. When I bypass the g-major( i want to get a straight clean tone from the rectifier head) I can't hear my guitar because the signal is cut off. I want the gate mainly for gating my distortion from my Mesa Dual Rectifier solo head. If I'm playing say Chorus and Delay with my G-Major and after playing that I want to Bypass the G-Major and have a natural clean sound from the Mesa head how would I set this up? I'm assuming the position of the gate is affecting this. I have the send of my effects loop in the input of the g-major, output to the input of the gate and the output of the gate to the return on my effects loop. I then have my guitar plugged into the Mesa head input and my footswitch for switching between clean/distortion in the footswitch input on the front of the head. ( I have yet to setup my Behringer FCB foot pedal ). Any tips on rearranging this to get a better sound. If you fellas need more info just let me know. I kinda rambled on. If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it. Thanks a bunch.

Generally, you should always put effects like delay, reverb, ect after a gate. It keeps the gate from cutting off your trails.

If the gate is staying closed when you're playing cleans you should probably either adjust your threshold lower, or if possible you should program your gate to be in bypass when you switch to your clean channel (assuming your gate and amp are midi controlled).

I will have a midi foot controller the Behringer FCB foot pedal. I will try what you said. I think the gate before would work alot better. I'll keep ya posted. Any other opinions are welcome. Thanks.

To answer your question, simply assign the "loop on" (on the rear of your amp) to the "red" channel only.

Back