Im new here ....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the board. Feel free to ask any question or provide information you may have. Board is still new (starting our 3rd week) and every is very friendly.

Ned

Hey I'm new too! What a great board - the timing is perfect. I picked up a LSS a couple weekends ago at a local GC. I had never even plugged into a MB before. :roll: My only regret is not trying the LS more that was sitting next to the LSS - I may go back with my guitar and play on the LS a while just to know for sure. Anyway, as I was getting ready to head out the door one of the stock guys said, "I wondered when it was going to go!" At the time I didn't realize how tonally cool it was. 8)

Hi and Welcome. I guess we're all new here.I'm ordering a LSS this week. Had to have a custom finish. It'll be this in a 4x10 combo.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=334

I don't know how i'll stand the wait. Post your impressions of your amp as you get used to it. I played the LS too and it sounded great but I'm really tired of hearing the words "Can you turn down" :roll:

Hello and welcome!

Chester, you are a more patient man than I am! :) I think your patience will pay off though. Nice choice! I'll keep telling you how great my LSS sounds and drive you crazy! :lol:

Kyle said:
Hello and welcome!

Chester, you are a more patient man than I am! :) I think your patience will pay off though. Nice choice! I'll keep telling you how great my LSS sounds and drive you crazy! :lol:

Oh the inhumanity :shock:

Hi All; I'm new to the board as well. Didn't realize the board was new. Anyway, I have always wanted a Mesa since reading about Santana's Mk I back in the 70's. Well I tried the Lone Star when it came out and was wanting one pretty bad. Then I went into the local shop and saw the LSS. I took it home the next day. The dealer said he had waited almost a year for it to come into the shop and it was gone in its first weekend!!

Very happy with my LSS. Its a 1x12" and I had not even thought of trying it thru my 4x10" cab until reading this thread......I also have a 1x15 cab. May have to hook all of it up and have a "stack" thing going tomorrow. I feel for my neighbors!!

Curious if anyone has any suggested settings for the 5 watt mode. Should it be in ch 1 or 2? I mostly use single coil guitars (Teles and Strats). I cannot get over the clean and reverb sounds of this amp. Incredible. But not having as much luck with the 5 watt setting cranked. Its quite bassy and muddier than I would like. My thought was ch 1 at 15 or 30 watts for clean rhythm and then ch 2 in the 5 watt setting for overdriven lead tone.

Sounds like Roy said:
Very happy with my LSS. Its a 1x12" and I had not even thought of trying it thru my 4x10" cab until reading this thread......I also have a 1x15 cab. May have to hook all of it up and have a "stack" thing going tomorrow. I feel for my neighbors!!

Let me know what you think of the 410. Does this help 5w ch2 for you. I am ordering a LSS410 and am hoping it tightens up the low end a bit.

Latest posts

Back