help me to fix the roadking problem, thanks!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overture2005

Reaction score
The problem was that in channel 3 or 4, the volume was barely audible and the tone would be very thin after play for a bit. Once this would happen you wouldn't be able to correct it with the volume knobs. The only way to stop it was changing the channel. Thanks!

I experienced the same thing. It happened after I changed from 4 6L6 to 2, and from 26L6 +2EL34 to El34. It went away afetr shutting everything down, and went back to normal. I have to say I was pissed, it happened just like said, only in channel 3 and 4. I checked all the tubes, all were seated properly, nothing seemed amiss. No idea what it was. Only happened once.

Hi srakow, a guy called Rush from Petrucci forum posted:

"I know Mesa has had a few problems with LDRs (Light Dependent Resistor) in SOME amps in the past, and sounds like your having the same symptoms. A bad tube will also do that, so I would try and eliminate the tube possibilities first. I would also check with Mesa and make sure your Road King has all of the fixes they have issued in the last year."

overture2005 said:
... the volume was barely audible and the tone would be very thin after play for a bit.
this sounds like a heat problem... possibly a solder joint becomes highly resistive. any poping or sizzling?

Overture2005, does it do it regardless of your power tube selections? There was a known bug regarding the Pentode/Triode switch frying...but if that isn't it and you are still able to use the same tube selection on ch1 and 2 with no problem...sounds like the LDR bug.

FYI, any of those bugs can be fixed very quickly by your local authorized Mesa repair tech.

Latest posts

Back