Dual Rectifier FX Loop Question (II)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbird

Reaction score
Is there a tonal advantage by assigning the FX Loop on, even if your not using effects? I've heard something about cranking the send and/or mix controls to achieve some type of bliss. Is this true?

Since the fx send and return both run thru V5, I'm sure if you ran the fx mix wide open you could use the send level as a sort of overdrive. Interesting idea perhaps I'll give it a shot.

Since the fx send and return both run thru V5, I'm sure if you ran the fx mix wide open you could use the send level as a sort of overdrive.

I've always ran mine this way, with an intellifex for suble pitch fx and delays and such. I've always had great tone. Other Mesa users have always complimented my tones, interesting stuff with regard to the V5 and overdrive result.

Interesting. Gonna have to try this in a bit. I've never really messed with them.

I got an Intellifex running thru mine too but Im not sure How I got the settings on send/return. I know I dont have one of them all the way up. How do you have yours zerofivefour? I have my FX loop on all the time.

Rambes said:
I got an Intellifex running thru mine too but Im not sure How I got the settings on send/return. I know I dont have one of them all the way up. How do you have yours zerofivefour? I have my FX loop on all the time.

My Send Level on the back of my recto is on Max, My intellifex send and return levels are both set to 12 oclock position. I have written my patches with the recto send level at max. If you havent written your patches with this setting, you may have to adjust your patches to get the same desired effects at this setting.

zerofivefour said:
My Send Level on the back of my recto is on Max, My intellifex send and return levels are both set to 12 oclock position. I have written my patches with the recto send level at max. If you havent written your patches with this setting, you may have to adjust your patches to get the same desired effects at this setting.

I have a Midiverb in my Loop, and it's always a pain in the *** setting levels for it (input and output), do you think running my send level maxed will help preserve my tone and make the Midiverb 4 react better?

I've never used the midiverb. It just might have the desired effect. You may have to internally, (the patches on midiverb), adjust your settings after you set the send to max. Give it a shot and report back with results.

Latest posts

Back