So I went to GC yesterday to buy a Roadster....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well I wanted to order it yesterday but the salesperson told me if I ordered it now, it could take up to three months for me to get it because they hand build them....to order. He also told me that Mesa only has 2 guys in their tech department that do ALL the work.....which I find hard to believe but at the same time I dont. I'm sure they have the money to pay a couple more guys Lol, I dont understand why theres only 2....especially for a company thats in such high demand. So I asked him if he could have one shipped to me from another GC and he told me that theres not ONE GC in the COUNTRY that has a Roadster head....which I REALLY SERIOUSLY find hard to believe. I really dont wanna wait 3 months, and I know I shouldnt be complaining because Im sure you guys are waiting that long, but I've waited long enough for my parents to even LET me buy the **** thing and plus my Marshall is really on its way out. So the guy at GC is going to call Boogie and see if they have any in stock that they could ship here, rather than me waiting three months for them to build it, and let me know tomorrow. What are some wait times you guys have experienced for your Roadsters? And what do you guys think I should do? Am I being lied to?

Here's why it can take so long. Mesa builds one amp line at a time. For example they will make a bunch of LSC's then LS's then Recto's then Roadsters, etc.

So if you order right after they just completed a run of that model it could be a while before they get back to that model.

If you don't want to wait, just buy used.

I'm sure someone on here is selling one or of course ebay.

I'm pretty sure if the GC in Charlotte has a Roadster opened(sox removed) and on the floor they won't box it up and ship it. You don't want one that's been screwed with anyways by Kids and DA's that go in there and blast it anyway. Once the tube socks are removed I consider it used and should be sold as a demo, but hey that's me.

Not sure how many roadster are out there in the world to date, but I was told I was the first in Az. to have the head. That was about 2 months ago, so to answer your Q, yes it takes along time to get one of these things..........

:D :D

If you don't want to wait, buy used.. there's no way around it.

I'd never buy a floor model from GC anyway.. half the time I go in there to look at stuff I notice all the rectifiers with the gain ALL the way up and the EQ dialed like a marshall... only if they're blowing out amps on Mesa clearance.

When i was shopping for my Mark IV head i had the same thing happen. I went to the Mesa Website and i called every single Dealer they had in my region. I finally found a place that had it. I went and they even had an extra all boxed up in their stock room. I was very happy. they even had roadster, Road King heads there. So try calling other dealers you might get lucky.

thanks.

the reverb on the one in charlotte nc is not working. i played it for a while last week..very wicked amp !!! the tweed voicing is killer.

shnapper said:
I'm pretty sure if the GC in Charlotte has a Roadster opened(sox removed) and on the floor they won't box it up and ship it. You don't want one that's been screwed with anyways by Kids and DA's that go in there and blast it anyway. Once the tube socks are removed I consider it used and should be sold as a demo, but hey that's me.

Not sure how many roadster are out there in the world to date, but I was told I was the first in Az. to have the head. That was about 2 months ago, so to answer your Q, yes it takes along time to get one of these things..........

:D :D

That does not make a penny's worth of difference. I went through 6 brand new out of the box DR's before finding a good one. A year later a floor model blew mine away.

As far as a discount on Mesa, I have been told to fly a kite more than a dozen times. Any dealer will lose there agreement even if the discount scratch and dents. The floor models are food for orders, but I had no problem with buying my RK 1 off the floor at the Charlotte GC. The only instance a Mesa dealer is allowed to sell down the product is if it is being redesigned, discontinued or they are going out of business.

It you want a virgin Mesa, you need to order it. My RK II took 4 months and my RK II V.2 took 1. It's a crapshoot because they make the models in production cycles. If you order out of the current product cycle, your looking at 4 or more months. A floor model sounds like a possibility, does it not? Thanks to SCAULDER0549 for the info. I did not play the Roadster because I don't have the need with 2 Road King II's. I played the Ace and it was awesome.

When I bought the F-50, it was a 'virgin'. Still in the shipping box, sitting below the floor model F-50.

When I bought the Rectoverb before that, it was a floor model, but no joke it was extremely fresh, they couldn't tell me how long it was on the floor.

Thanks guys. I've called a couple GC's around me and none of them having it, they each told me that theres not a GC in my region that has a Roadster. I've always considered buying used but I'm really never sure if I can trust it...even the auctions on Ebay that look GREAT. And if I'm paying that kinda money for something I'm gonna have for a at least a few years if not more....I want to know where it came from. And believe me, I'm OCD enough to wait the few months just to have the knowledge that its completely "virgin"...but in reality...those few months are time wasted that I could playing gigs and recording. Do you guys think theres a possible chance that Mesa has a Roadster in stock that I could just have them ship to me? Thanks again.

Same prob. here in CT. They found one in Ohio but later found out it was damaged? It was prob. a floor unit. I ordered mine through GC on Feb 2nd. and was told it would be 1 month or more.

Dom

AsIAm666 said:
Thanks guys. I've called a couple GC's around me and none of them having it, they each told me that theres not a GC in my region that has a Roadster. I've always considered buying used but I'm really never sure if I can trust it...even the auctions on Ebay that look GREAT. And if I'm paying that kinda money for something I'm gonna have for a at least a few years if not more....I want to know where it came from. And believe me, I'm OCD enough to wait the few months just to have the knowledge that its completely "virgin"...but in reality...those few months are time wasted that I could playing gigs and recording. Do you guys think theres a possible chance that Mesa has a Roadster in stock that I could just have them ship to me? Thanks again.

Oh dude i just realized you are in LI. I live in North Jersey. I can give you the name of the place i bought my Mark IV head from. They had a brand new Roadster head there when i bought my amp two weeks ago. If you dont mind taking a drive over they might still have it there.

You should definitely be able to find one locally.

Try these GCs:
Manhattan/Union Square
Paramus, NJ
Totowa, NJ

I'd bet one of them has it.

Not sure about roadster but when i called them about the mark IV they didn't have it.

I bought my Mark IV head from
O. DiBella Music
456 S. Washington Ave.
Bergenfield NJ 07621
Tel: (201) 385-5800

Like i said i was there two weeks ago and they had a new Roadster head there.

thanks. :wink:

:shock: :D Did someone mention pennies? :twisted: :evil: :p 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p :p :p :p :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Your opinions yours and mine is mine, no need to bring pennies into the conversation..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you don't want to wait, you can buy mine? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110094876987&rd=1&rd=1

I was wanting $1800 shipped, but someone knocked that off with the first bid. If someone was really interested from this board, I could probably still work something out.

I'm pretty sure Rudy's in NYC has a Roadster in stock right now. I know they had two not too long ago.

Latest posts

Back