Doug's tubes worst service ever. Buyer beware

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondante

Reaction score
I ordered a set of tubes 3 weeks ago.

One came in DOA.

I called/Emailed Doug and OFFERED to pay shipment on the replacement. He declined and said he would send out right away.

A week goes by no replacement tube.

I email him asking where my replacement tube was. He responded with "OMG I totally thought it got taken care of. I'll ship it Monday.

Another week goes by. No tube.

I email him today and he says" here's tracking number I just shipped it. "

I replied with how disappointed I was and that I even offered to pay shipping on the tube and I hope he understands my frustration of going two weeks with no replacement Etc."

He responded with "I do. Feel better?"

He will never recieve another dime from me.

Terrible custom service and terrible attitude.

I was nice and offered to even pay shipping when it wasn't my responsibility.

Garbage.

I can post screenshots of this entire conversation.

Anyone else experienced this level of unprofessionalism from this jerk? I've had better service from Walmart. Good grief.

I've never had an issue. I've only ordered from him once or twice but the tubes arrived timely and were well packaged and in good condition.

I've never had any issues and have got stuff there a few times. Things happen in the people's personal lives which we may not be aware of which could have affected his business. I try not getting worked up about situations like this, especially from small vendors (assuming this is one guy running an online store). If I were ripped off, that would be another matter.. Just my 2 cents.

Mace

wildschwein said:
I don't think the "feel better" comment was very wise. I would be pissed about that too.

This. You're running a business. You check your personal baggage at the virtual door and treat customers with respect. It doesn't matter if you're a small vendor or Walmart.

I've used Doug's tubes for years, and the only problem I ever had was a missing tube, which was fixed immediately. No DOA tubes, nothing. I just got an order in Saturday for some ANOS preamp tubes new production tubes.

I will say, as a 10+ year veteran of customer service/loss prevention, that for some reason sometimes you get a train wreck. I'm not sure how it happens. A comedy of errors, but its not funny.

weird timing on this. I've bought from Doug before. And, several times, discussed tube swap purchases with him that went back and forth for 3-4 emails with him being extremely helpful and really acting like he cared about me finding my tones. Made suggestions, asked me multiple questions about what I liked music wise, what tones I was going for, what guitars, what speakers,etc. A couple times he was still following up with me after I sold the amp rather than retube it.

I sent a request through his site over a week ago about his current recommendations for a Mark V and still haven't received even the first reply. Maybe something is up with him. Hope he's ok!

Back