Midi tone suck

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I experience an unexpected behaviour of my TC-50 Combo and hope that anyone knows about this issue :
For test reasons, I ran my guitar directly into front Amp-In of the TC-50 which is set to clean channel. I then use a Helix LT to sent Midi CC command 22 (Value 127). By this, the Helix cannot change the tone and can only send the midi command, excluding it as source of the following problem. The channel changes to HI as expected. However, when comparing this tone to that one that I get if I use the footswitch only to set HI Channel, the tone is drastically different- it is significantly decreased in loudness, there is less drive and it is far less present (huge tone suck).
I actually thought that the Midi Command would only activate the channels but it seems there is also a tone manipulation/digital operation when using Midi.

Do you know what is behind this behaviour and how I can change it so that I get the same tone as using the footswitch?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Without being able to see everything that may be happening with the amp, and what else might be sent with the Midi commands from the Helix, make sure that it is not also invoking the solo control or some other option that may be changing the amp. You might want to install midi-ox on your pc/laptop, then feed the midi output from the helix into a midi interface so you can see in midi-ox what is being sent from the Helix, thus what is being received by the TC50.

I also have a tc-50 in a midi rig using CC commands, and it does not exhibit the behavior that you are describing.

let us know, good luck!

peace

Check to see if your helix is sending program changes to the amp. If your helix is sending program change numbers and cc numbers to the amp it will cause a conflict.

Latest posts

Back