TC-100 excessive fan noise?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just sold my beloved TC-100 off to a new home. The new owner said the amp seems great except it seems to have abnormal amounts of fan noise. I didn’t notice that when I had it, but I did notice the fan was audible at very low volumes. Has anyone had any fan noise issues? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Hi, I know this "problem"
The Mesa Fan is (to be nice) one of the more affordable ones.
I have the Mark V25 and the Fan is in Bedroom environment also loud (to my ears). I tested afterwards several at my local store but
they have all the same issue.
I wrote to Mesa and the technician sad if it´s too loud I can change it with a silent Fan from the PC-shelf.
Never bothered again about the issue.
Concerning the TC 100, yes... the Fan is audible... same as the Mark V25 but as sad before, only in really quiet environment.
If you play not on bedroom lvl (eg. living room :lol: ) it´s absolutely ok and not audible.

Hopefully that will help 8)

How is the new owner determining that the fan noise is excessive?

I hardly notice my fan, and only when I’m playing at low volumes alone, and only when I stop playing. In the band room or at a gig there is so much ambient noise I never hear it between songs.

I agree, domct. Just because the fan is slightly audible when not playing or at very low volumes does not make it "excessive."

I'm assuming that player is referring to low volume/bedroom situations. Why get a 100w amp if you're not going to use the 100w? When I've been playing for over an hour in a band setting pushing the amp at 100w, I'm VERY THANKFUL when I put my ear to the back of the amp and slightly hear the fan doing its job. : )

Fan noise normal. Can only really hear it at bedroom levels. I like it, sounds like I’m starting a plane.

Back