TC100, 6V6, Creamback M65’s. Glorious.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstercastle

Reaction score
I picked up a new Avatar Vintage 212 loaded with g12m65 creambacks a couple weeks ago and am really loving it. I was using the Mesa Vertical 212 with V30’s and it was a little harsh for what I was after, which is a more vintage flavor. The lower sensitivity of the creambacks and the lower output of the 6V6 tubes all added up to a nice outcome for me in my home studio. I can get a little more into the master and channel volumes without it being as loud, and the 6V6s seem to run a little hotter and crunchier than the EL34’s at lower volumes. I was a bit surprised, because I love EL34 based amps. This head is a versatile little monster. I’m not unloading the Mesa 212 though, in the unlikely event I do get back into a band situation.

I'm thinking of pairing the TC-100 with two Neo Creambacks in an Eminence XTC212-BT 2 X 12 cabinet.

https://celestion.com/product/155/neo_creamback/

Has anyone used the TC-50 or TC-100 with Neo Creambacks?

This is very interesting. For band use, I play through a Marshall 1964A with V30s. I love how that cab/speakers accentuates the mids and sounds more open than a Mesa or Orange cab. I use the HI channel for a more modern, heavily saturated tone and the LO channel for vintage break-up and tone.

I'm curious to know what kind of music you are playing and how those speakers react to the different channels on the amp . . .

Back