Tight or Normal, Rhythm or Lead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tight / Normal

• Ch 2 Normal

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ch 2 Tight

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Ch 2 Rhythm

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Ch 2 Lead

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ch 3 Normal

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ch 3 Tight

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Ch 3 Rhythm

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ch 3 Lead

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious how everyone is setting up their TC50/100 for Heavy And Modern Rock tones?

I currently have both channels in tight mode, Ch 2 primarily rhythm and Ch 3 primarily lead.

I voted tight for both, but that was specific for the "modern heavy" stuff. I mostly use channel 2 in normal mode, and channel 3 I alternate, but tight mostly.

I still wish the tight mode switch could be controlled via midi. To be able to switch back and forth with a simple tap of the foot would be awesome.

Instead of setting the channels up for clean/crunch/lead I set them up like three single channel amps:

Channel 1 - Drive - Grandpa Rock / Overdriven Fender-ish
Channel 2 - Loose - Old Man Rock / JCM800-ish
Channel 3 - Loose - Young Man Rock / Mark-meets-Recto

I gain all three channels up and use my guitar’s volume to transition form clean to crunch to lead. If needed I have a Grid Slammer in my board that can kick any of the channels into a higher gear.

I can solo all three channels using the built in solo boost. I don’t always want more gain on my solos... most of the time I’m happy using the same sound and just want it to stand out more.

I'm still exploring and so often surprised by the versatility of each channel. I've used CH3 for everything from clean to drop D metal. CH2 has been hint of crunch to metal. CH1 is currently edge of breakup.

The compression of CH3 lends itself to clean and lead to my ear. I want to like lose mode but always end up back on tight. CH3 for crunch is good but I prefer the less compressed crunch of CH2.
CH2 can do it all. The End. Like CH3, always end up in tight mode.
I haven't bonded with the CH1 high headroom cleans yet but am addicted to the dirty clean tones I get form it.

Latest posts

Back