Tone Settings Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBConvert

Reaction score
What settings are you running for your favorite TC tones? Let's keep a running list in this thread. I have a combo being delivered this week. Will add my own faves shortly.

CHANNEL 3
Channel Vol: noon
Presence: 1 o'clock
Gain: 1:30 o'clock
Bass: 3 o'clock
Mid: 2 o'clock
Treble: 12:30
Output: set to right under the "U" in Output
Tight setting

...A couple of things here. First, I know, it's LOUD, but man does it sound good (this is my live rig). I use a Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod with the Seymour Duncan set (JB & '59) as my main axe, but usually don't mess with the settings if I happen to play a different guitar. It's a TC50 run through a Recto OS 4x12 cab. Everything in the rig is stock. Also, these settings "look" extreme, especially the Bass setting, but you really do have to ignore your eyes and trust your ears. I get caught up in that sometimes, "looking' at the settings rather that what sounds good. And I also tend to keep the gain down a bit as this monster has a ton of it. ScreamingDaisy on here has a great tag line in his signature regarding this. Anyways, I thought I'd throw in a setting of mine.

I just recently traded a guy in my area an orange OR50 for a TC-50 and after a couple sessions playing through it with my drummer...I am in love...this amp rules!!!
my favorite setting so far is
HI channel
tight setting
pres: 11 o'clock
master: 4 o'clock
gain: 2 oclock
bass: 2 o'clock
mid: 1 o'clock
treble: 10 o'clock
and I believe the master volume for all 3 channels was around the 4 oclock position as well...this is my 1st experience with a mesa and this thing is killer
I'm playing it through a US made orange 4x12 with a "les paul custom" copy I had a local luthier make with a Seymour Duncan JB

Back