Reverb & FX On At Power Up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GADonis

Reaction score
I didn't see this in the manual but is there a way to have reverb and the FX Loop on when the amp powers up? After power up the amp defaults to CH. 1 and no reverb or FX Loop.

So far I am loving this amp. Especially CH. 3. I've never used an FX Loop before but I may with this amp. I don't use a lot of effects but I noticed something kind of weird with my small pedalboard. It was set up like this: Tuner=>Blue Note OD=>Dreamscape Chorus/Flange=>Spark Boost=>Digital Delay. All powered by a Powertrain Volto. Originally running everything in front of the amp I was getting a nasty whine. Pretty sure it was there on all channels but wasn't noticeable on the clean. However CH. 3 was alike a wailing banshee. I took out the tuner and it went away. I then ran everything but the tuner thru the loop an kept the tuner in front of the amp. No wailing. It seems like there is maybe a ground loop issue with the tuner connected to all the other pedals? Anybody ever come across this?

Just in case anybody else comes across this, the answer is "Read the @#$%! Manual." Last night I was hooking up some pedals thru the FXLoop and saw the toggle switches which turn the these on by default.

I thought that was for when not using foot switch. If it’s on and foot switch is hooked up, does it come up on, but is footbswitchable from there?

Yes. If the switches are set to "on" and the footswitch is connected then the FX and Reverb are on when the amp powers up. You can then use the footswitch to turn them off and on. Then regardless of whether they were on or off when you shut down, the next time you power up they are on again.

Latest posts

Back